Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

McCormick 91 with 8 foot header

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of a 91 with the small 8.5 foot header - it is 96" on the inside of the platform!

It fit nicely on the trailer I rented to haul it the 3.5 hours back to my place. It is in decent shape - it is an early one, with the McCormick decals, and a serial # of 1857. Would anyone know the year?

With the radiator cover on, it was exactly 13' - got it down to 12'8" with the cover removed, lol.

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My neighbor has one. Not near good as shape as yours. His is a "pea special". Has a tine cylinder instead of a regular rasp.

AJB-830
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like you got the 91 safely home without taking the wheels/tires off. It looks like a very nice preserved unit. I was wondering if you won the bid on it as I didn't hear from you. Good luck with your new purchase. I still have the operators manual that came with the 91 my dad had. It is dated 6/21/62 so that should be close to the date they started building them. You are welcome to the operators manual or any parts on the old 91 that is in the woods. Al

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats...Looks like a real nice one....A 91 with a small header isnt easy to find..It would be a 1960 model...

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I really love mine, you did good getting one. Wish mine had the small header.
Saw one at the Meinhardt museum this weekend with a corn head and a windbreaker
cab.

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heres Meinhardts 91...Believe it or not he paid $10,000 for it...My BIL and SIL live near there and were at the sale..

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks - the small head was one of the main reasons to get this one. On my micro-farm, capacity is not an issue - and it is much easier to park in the shed.

Glad to know the year ! Still cant believe that one with that corn head went for 10K - that must be quite the museum. Glad it went to a good home.

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does his have the pick-up head then? Or a regular cutterbar? I think all the literature I have shows those with pick-ups.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doya suppose they want a backup? Har.

MeanGene1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick 91 with 8 foot header Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those both look very much like our old 91, except for the narrow head. Reminds me of the many little differences between the 91 and the 93- both of ours were Bean Specials. I had forgotten about that light on top of the grain elevator- we ran the 91 at night (and the snow one night) getting the kidney beans in. Ours had a wheel weight on the right side only, while the 93 just had larger tires. The small chute at the end of the auger flipped over on the 91, rotated on the 93. McCormick decals on the 91, McCormick International on the 93. Both had the ScourKleen, 91 had the bin extension added on top. In later years we just left the 91 set up for beans with the windrow pickup, it could spin and go right into the next windrow. Later the 91 went away, and there was a planetary steer option for the 93- never saw one in person, but still have the brochure with pictures. Different radiator guard, an actual hood on the 93, and a little more hp- think the 93 had a slightly larger gas tank. I was running both of them at age 10 lol...

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters