Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 580 B hoe end problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D Alan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1971 Case 580B.
It has been a great old tractor but today the boom, dipper, and bucket quit working. I was loosening up some ground with backhoe to be able to scoop up and move when it just stopped functioning.
Front bucket, and outriggers work fine. There is no busted hyd. Lines tho it does leak around the seals on the controll box but no worse thsn it has for a long time. What should i check?
Thanks

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like it has to be in the stack of valves down under between your legs. There is. Several O Rings and relieve valves. Do you have a
parts book and a repair manual. Your probably going to have to remove that valve bank. You will need to remove the backhoe to get to it.
Someone else might have a better idea. If your stabilizers are working that tells me that it's not an oil supply problem because your getting oil to
the valve bank if your stabilizers are working. Dick

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like it has to be in the stack of valves down under between your legs. There is. Several O Rings and relieve valves. Do you have a
parts book and a repair manual. Your probably going to have to remove that valve bank. You will need to remove the backhoe to get to it.
Someone else might have a better idea. If your stabilizers are working that tells me that it's not an oil supply problem because your getting oil to
the valve bank if your stabilizers are working. Dick

D Alan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Dick
So you think its not in the control box the leavers go into?
Your thinking its in the assembly under that right? I will keep watch and see if anyone else has a suggestion.
But your right its not the pump or oil as everything but the boom dipper n hoe bucket works fine...
I dont have a book for this machine so ill have to hunt one up
Thanks

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your pump splines on the hyd pump are toast, the pump and all drive pieces need replaced
cnt

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SORRY I missed that bucket and loader works as it should I was half asleep reading sorry
cnt

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your levers go to a tower between your legs with a horizontal shaft running across it. The bottom of each lever has another short lever hooked to it that goes down to a valve . Each lever is connected to a valve. There should be 5 valves bolted together to create a stack of valves. There is O Rings between these valve sections that tend to leak but those are not your problem. There is something internal going on in with those valves that has caused you to loose 3 functions. There is some pressure release valves and other things. I'm hoping someone might chim in to indicate what the issue is. Dick in Oregon my ph is 541-787-5590

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 580 B hoe end problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do the stabilizers work or not or did you lose all rear function? Do not tear into the backhoe valve without checking the more obvious things out, if you have lost all rear functions the power beyond o ring could have blown on the outlet fitting on the loader control valve, this oring is place to direct the oil flow out of the loader control instead of returning to sump through the low pressure side of the loader control valve. It is the fitting that the large hose fastens to and goes to a quick coupler. Another possibility would be the regeneration valve having a broken spring or a stuck plunger. Please do not suspect the BH valve until you have exhausted the other possibilities, the only thing in the BH valve that should affect all systems would be the regen circuit and it IS contained in the BH valve section. Do not change any of the secondary reliefs as you can set up a potentially unsafe machine or do major damage to hoses, they are set by the dealer with a special fixture that pressurizes them and the popoff point is set to a specific spec depending on the system being checked.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters