Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

2010 Deere. Holy cow !

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivan in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw that on Craigslist . I wonder if it was used in the muck fields. They use to run wide tracks. I would wonder about the bearings on it with the wide tracks

Dune Country
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can be dangerous, was running a D3 with wide tracks clearing brush. big vine maple limb got stuck in the pads and came up and whacked me on the side of the head.

The Famous Grouse
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe it's set up for bog use.

Either it was a machine for use in cranberry bogs, or it was set up for use on peat bogs and other soft ground situations like utility line clearing, etc.

In northern MN, utility companies that have to service lines across peat bogs use this type of machine as it's the only thing that won't sink to China out there. Being this is from MI, I'd guess a similar scenario.

Grouse

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wide track machines are still made. They are called LGP Machines. LOW GROUND PRESSURE. They are used in landfills and coal ash disposal areas where concentrated compaction is a problem.They distribute the weight over a larger area. That one could probably walk on water. I have worked on quiet a few over the years.

UncleTom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But for there $2500 asking price someone should buy it.

RBoots
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I worked at the dealer I installed new pin and bushing kits in a few of those wide track crawlers like that. What a pain to reach up under the pads to get the nuts started on the pad bolts after I had the rails pressed back together.

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked with a guy who got a #6 rebar caught between the pads on a track loader. It didn't hit him, but it laid a stripe across the hood. They come around fast like a big fly swatter.

sms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a piece of 1/2 inch galvanized pipe come through a small opening in the floor boards of a dozer one time. It almost got me before I got the machine stopped. It hit my left leg so I could not push the clutch.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Mennonite that I buy my seed corn from collects crawlers. That'd look good sitting in his shed.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dune Country wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:03:29 01/02/1Cool can be dangerous, was running a D3 with wide tracks clearing brush. big vine maple limb got stuck in the pads and came up and whacked me on the side of the head.

I was running a 420C with standard tracks yesterday and the same thing happened to me- twice. It's not just wide tracks.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 Deere. Holy cow ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the undercarriage drive sprocket and roller “track width” spacing the same as a common 1010

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters