Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ariens GT17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Nepple
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Ariens GT17 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was wondering how big of a tiller a Ariens GT 17 could handle? Thanks Dave

Don B.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ariens GT17 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not sure if something of another brand would adapt but Ariens made a couple of different tillers just for their tractors..... 34" sounds familiar not sure if that is the "small" one or the "big" one..... I had an Ariens tiller once and sent it and the tracftor it came with down the road./ kicking myself for that, now. I have a GT19 and an S16H right now for snow duty.
(tractors are working ok, have a blade on one and a snowblower on the other but I'm sick of snow and cold...... nother story.
glad to see a post on YT about the Ariens machines for once....

Jack345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Ariens GT17 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too much snow to measure but think mine was 36" with additional tines on each side (factory extenders) so max would be in mid forty inch range.My S16-S is my work horse, just installed ATV 26x12x12 mud/snow tires ,does very well with no chains

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ariens GT17 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have a sweet looking rig. Did that rear tire deal with my Husqvarna. Work nicely don't they! Found them at the flea market for $25.oo. They were real Dunlop atv tires. The guy at the tire mounting place told me they were something like 200 each.

Dave Nepple
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ariens GT17 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I want to Thank everyone for their help, it was about what I was thinking. Another question I came up with on the tractor was I have it has 3 point. Are all 3 point implement interchangeable, pto distances the same? Thanks

Jack345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ariens GT17 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Depends on 3 point attachment, if power driven one would have to check rpm's that it to be driven. If you want to drive a tiller from lets say John Deere find out what the JD is putting out then compare. I have found its best to stick to what New Holland/Ariens used for attachments. Think the Ariens PTO is driven pretty close to engine rpm's and gear reduction takes place at implement.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters