Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Canada Eh?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliverkid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had these given to me this weekend by one of my roommates from college. He had them given to him by his uncle who grew up in Ontario. As a boy he liked to go to farm shows and the big plowing match they have up there and whenever he did he would come home with an arm full of brochures. My buddy is a JI Case guy so he picked out the stuff that was of interest to him and gave these to me. Lots of cool pictures of off the wall stuff you don't normally see. For instance I never knew White offered it but in the Better Farming book there are pictures and specs for a White traveling irrigation system. In the 1975 White full line book there are pictures of a White feed grinder/mixer. I thought they had discontinued those when they dropped the rest of the hay line. Lots of good stuff! I suppose ther isn't much difference between these and the Oliver brochures except every place that would have referenced the US or a region there of, has been changed to Canada.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cockshutt was a major manufacterer in Branrtford Ontario for many years, made a lot of quality equipment. Some sort of corporate takeover spelled their end, which pretty well put an end to tractor production in Canada.
Ben

oliverkid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was a shame, Cockshutt made some real good looking machines. One of these days ide like to end up with a 570 diesel row crop.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 570D with a solid front axle I'll make you a deal on,have an adjustable WF on a parts tractor you could swap out.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neat stuff! All I have left is an Oliver 72 catalog. I had a whole box full of that stuff from 65 and 66 but apparently my mother and sister threw it all out.

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have some of that irrigation literature. Interested? Have any Cockshutt or Oliver literature to trade? I think that was a separate contract just like the A4T tractors.

oliverkid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unfortunately with the student loan payments I'm working on, a mortgage payment I just acquired last summer and the looming task of some home improvement projects coming up this summer, the likelihood of being able to make another tractor purchase in the near future isn't that good. But I appreciate the offer.

oliverkid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My lit collection is relatively small at this point. I really should start working on it. Ide at least like to try to have brochures for the equipment I actually own.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a Cockshutt dealer only a few miles away, and they sold a pile of tractors. And we used to see them out still working until 10-15 years ago. Now the only time you ever see a Cockshutt or Oliver tractor is at a show. Really not many small time farmers left, and older guys have hoarded up hundreds of tractors in sheds , that mostly collect dust. Our local dealer became a White farm Equipment Dealer , and move another pile of White tractors, and you would see them every where. The Whites are nearly all retired now too. They almost never show up on dealers lots. I do know one guy that still has a 1470, or 1465, not sure the number, but it is a 14__ , a Fiat. We milk around 75 cows, and farm around 300 acres, and are small time farmers . Times have changed, but I still like the look of those Checker board tractors.

tom upton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bruce: You must not get north of Woodville much !! All I use is Oliver's,cockshutts and whites.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You?re right Tom, I don?t get in to Eldon very often, but I have been told you have a nice collection of Oliver tractors. My boys used to tell me about seeing your tractors when they were riding the bus to high school in Fenlon Falls. But when you?re doing hay, guess I am probably doing hay to, and any day I might go by, you have everything tucked away in a shed, lol

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Eh? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep checking ebay I've gotten some really nice literature at a good price there from time to time

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters