Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

702-b Special?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PartsMan79
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 700 plate says it is a 702-b serial number 8150706.
Tractor data says 702 is an orchard model.
Operators manual does not mention a 702.
Parts books says my fenders are for "special".

It looks like a wheatland or western tractor to me.
Ridged wide front axle. Not low profile
18.4x30 rear tires.
Two remotes.
No eagle hitch.
It does have rear pto.

Do you guys have any better info?

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a Florida orchard tractor with no PTO. Dick

PartsMan79
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is my latest pic.
I am thinking there was a change in the numbering that Tractor Data is missing.
It looks more like a 732 Western than a 402 Orchard.

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yea, it's hard to figure out. I see it has an up stack exhaust. Fenders do look like western special. I think someone with right knowledge might chime in. They made a 730 orchard, did they make a 700 orchard? Dick

bradley martin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a 700B western special. I always thought the westerns were designated with the 02 and orchard versions were 04. The early 730 series
were virtually identical to the 700/800B series which again, were only slightly different than the 400 super diesel.

D Case Guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have noticed this in tractor data, and am trying to understand where it came from. I had a 702B as well, and no question it is a western. I think some of the confusion starts with the 400 series, where the 402 was perhaps one of three variations of orchard models that were built. My 400 western is stamped as a 400, which falls under the ordinary standard number. The production totals for a 402 are very low, so it possibly was indeed an Orchard. I think tractor data used this info and applied it to the later series. 730's and 830's continued the use of the 2 as the western designation.

D Case Guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I should mention, the info source I referred to is JI Case , Volume II, by Stonehouse and Brumbaugh. It is the follow up to Erb and Brumbaugh Steam to Diesel. It lists 402, 405, 412, 414, and 415 all as orchard/grove variations. I suspect Tractor data used this info and incorrectly imposed it on the B series.

PartsMan79
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: 702-b Special? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is what I think as well.
Unless maybe a 1958 702 is an orchard and a 1959 702 (like mine) is a special.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters