Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Massey 230

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeMartin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Massey 230 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guy up the road from me always has a couple Massey's for sale, don't know where he finds them. He has two 230's in the front yard now, one gas that looks a little worn and a diesel that looks pretty darn nice. The price on the diesel is $6500, didn't see a price on the gas. Are these decent tractors?

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 230 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would need to look at it, or see pictures before putting a price on it. $6500 is a bit on the high side unless its got low hours, new tires all around, good paint, etc.

Curt Cooke
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 230 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think that price is very high. I bought my 230 gas a couple years ago for $1,500. Needed some work but it ran and drove on the trailer. I do like the 230. Easy on and off, easy steering, very handy.

JoeMartin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 230 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The guy that has them for sale seems to find a lot of old Massey's in the 136-165 range. I don't know what all he does mechanically to them, but they are always very presentable. I paid $1000 for my 135 gas and it doesn't look as nice as his, but everything functions properly. I'd like to find something in the 135-165 range in diesel to get a little more umph in front of my 6' bush hog. I thought that his asking price of $6500 was high. We have a friend, of my inlaws, that medical problems put him out of farming. He has a JD 2510. I was walking with my wife a couple weeks ago and peeked into his tractor shed. I thought the 2510 looked like a really nice small tractor. Then I started doing a little intel and found it was a much bigger tractor than it looked, was highly regarded, desirable, and sought after. Hence, I can't afford it. I thought this 230 might be like that 2510, a lot more tractor than it looked.

JoeMartin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 230 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry for the typo, that was supposed to be 135-165 range, Joe.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 230 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 230 is pretty much the same basic tractor as the 135.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters