Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

That was a 1st.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmfan55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Younger son and I attended a pull
yesterday. Did not know until later
in the day that EVERY CLASS was
paying winner only. I have seen
"jackpot " classes done winner take
all but never every class offered.
Handbill advertised 50% payback per
class. I assumed they would pay 3 or
more spots: depending on number of
entries. we had pulled one of the
tractors 2 of the 8 classes we
entered before finding out the pay
schedule. We dropped the other 6
classes, loaded up and came home.
What are others opinions on no one
but the class winner receiving prize
money? And many of the classes with
15 plus entries. Just curious if I
am alone in my opinion.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It wouldn't make a particle of difference to me. I am not in it for the money, only to P($$ people off, LOL.

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I could handle it, but would like to know before I left home.

PretendFarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You deprived your kid of pulling 6 more classes because they didn't pay you......

Let that sink in.

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PretendFarmer,I agree,lessons like that are very important !!!!!!!!!!! And also,myself would have certainly figured to win at least one hook. LOL

mmfan55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess I should have stated my son was
included in making a joint decision.
He was not impressed either. He is
32 by the way. Half of the entry fee
was his money

Earle(NC)
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I pulled it was only for fun. Never have known anyone in antique pulling doing it for the money

PretendFarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess that changes things a bit.

Payback pulls are extremely rare around here. But obviously that's a thing where your from.

All we get to do is spend tens of thousands of $$ to get a $2 trophy....

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our club pays the first three places but if there is only 2 or 3 tractors in class I think they only pay first place. Once in a while somebody will put the money up for a Jackpot class and winner takes all. Myself I pull for the fun of it and our club has a nice bunch of guys to pull with.

mmfan55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A very few classes had less than 10 entries. Most were 12 to 20.

LCB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me and VicS make our living pulling tractors. I like Vic would of liked to know before I left home but if I was there already would of proably stayed for the day.

muleboss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why should they pay for 2nd and 3rd place. They are not winners. Kind of like participation medals.

oros35
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Around here, many of the pulls are just for fun.
If it's a fair pull they add money to the classes to bring people in. They payback spots based on class size. It's typical to have 30-35 in a class. Payback up to 10th place or even more. Smaller classes say 10 or so they may pay up to 5th. Some fair pulls will even pay nearly every place. You might get 5 bucks back on a $20 hook. All depends on the venue.

I prefer to go to pulls with a payback, who doesn't like the chance to win some money. But the fun pulls are just as good. Bragging rights and usually a bit cheaper on the hook fee.

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't go to pulls for the money. I just go to make the JD owners mad.

Honestly, it wouldn't have bothered me. The one tractor would have had a good chance to win. The other most likely would not even come close. But it makes a good rolling weight rack.

Bill Collison
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: That was a 1st. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We pull for fun here
Where are you from that you can make a living pulling tractors?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters