Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Love this plow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flying belgian

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Love this plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last winter I bought a JD 2800 4 bottom plow. First used it today. Plowing wheat stubble with plow down clover. This is a fantastic plow. Pulls nice, covers nice. I bought it for the auto reset but the vari-width is a nice feature.

tim(in)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Love this plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's that one of those Kverneland- plows? I heard john deere was selling them painted green. I know if it is they use them to win plowing matches in canada and europe. One of the few moldbord plows still made. I remember using a white 5 bottom that handled trash pretty good.

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Love this plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the bottoms are Kverneland.... I don't know the Deere model numbers, but I do know that some of their plows used the red bottoms.
Kverneland is a very very good plow. I wouldn't have anything else given the selection I can get around here.

Rod

Dave Sherburne NY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Love this plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought that 2800 number looked familiar,just
looked it up on JD parts. I used one of those back
in the last half of the 1990s its a great plow.
Seven bottoms, wide open covering 6 rows of corn at
a time. Works great for finishing a field, if you
see one end is narrower than the other, just keep
adjusting the width till its the same width on both
ends. I did have trouble with it plugging once in
a while on corn stalks. AND, that 7 bottoms was a
lot of weight for that tail wheel assembly I learned
never back it up in the field. It should handle 4
bottoms tho. Now I am down to a 3 bottom
Kverneland Plow, and they are not alike.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters