Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 8000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richardlevy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Ford 8000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just bought this tractor. I'm a new farmer and know quite a bit about Deere but not too much about fords...so just wondering what type of oil does the rear end take?
Also is the transmission, hydraulic, and rear end all the same units or are they separate?

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 8000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You want oil that meets or exceeds New Holland 134d specs. "compatible with" is not always adequate.
I've never had an 8000, and it's been almost 20 years since I traded off my 9600, so I don't remember if the transmission and
hydraulics/rear end are a common sump or not. I think there is another sump for the pto. An owner's manual would be a good
investment.

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 8000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On most 8000s, tranny and rear axle are common sump, except for the early ones. PTO box in the back is separate, a fact overlooked by many.
As stated, an owners manual would be your friend here.

SuperAV Jr B
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 8000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know thag the PTO has seprete oil but the trans and rear end ae the same

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 8000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The rear sump is partly partitioned from the main rear sump on my 9000. You have to remove the draw bar to get at the plug

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 8000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get without before draining so that you get as much foreign materials possible suspended in the oil.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters