Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RE Computer Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonlite37
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: RE Computer Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From all the replies to my computer post message, I now know what to do. I shall get some kid to help (show me) how to install programs in the new drive and uninstall, I guess that means delete or take out, the programs to clear up space. I guess that a technician is not needed to install programs. I guess a kid needs a tax free$$ more than the technician who is on a 30 day vacation does. thanks to all

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: RE Computer Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably the simplest thing to do is to clone the old drive on to the new one. Then you can make the new disk your C: drive, toss the old one and you won't need to re-install anything. There are various programs that will do that, Norton Ghost is one. Google "clone hard drive".

chuck2015
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: RE Computer Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-moonlite37 wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:51:32 07/11/1Cool From all the replies to my computer post message, I now know what to do. I shall get some kid to help (show me) how to install programs in the new drive and uninstall, I guess that means delete or take out, the programs to clear up space. I guess that a technician is not needed to install programs. I guess a kid needs a tax free$$ more than the technician who is on a 30 day vacation does. thanks to all

That sounds like smart move to have some computer savvy kid do what i required to get your computer up and running. I have a certain method that works in this situation and I am sure this "kid" can do the job. You never said what the OS was and if you still have the original installation disk?

chuck2015
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: RE Computer Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-moonlite37 wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:51:32 07/11/1Cool From all the replies to my computer post message, I now know what to do. I shall get some kid to help (show me) how to install programs in the new drive and uninstall, I guess that means delete or take out, the programs to clear up space. I guess that a technician is not needed to install programs. I guess a kid needs a tax free$$ more than the technician who is on a 30 day vacation does. thanks to all

That sounds like smart move to have some computer savvy kid do what i required to get your computer up and running. I have a certain method that works in this situation and I am sure this "kid" can do the job. You never said what the OS was and if you still have the original installation disk?

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: RE Computer Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are going about this the hard way.

Get the old drive mirrored into the new (larger) drive and replace it completely.

That way all drive letters stay the same.

chuck2015
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: RE Computer Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-David G wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:43:56 07/11/1Cool You are going about this the hard way.

Get the old drive mirrored into the new (larger) drive and replace it completely.

That way all drive letters stay the same.

With so many free and easy to use cloning programs it should almost be a do it yourself plus a good way to get some hands on experience. Also do not wipe the old drive as it will be your backup.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters