Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 2-105 has a sealed throw out bearing. The sleeve that holds the bearing and goes in the clutch fork isn't drilled for a relube bearing. That's all that the Agco Parts Book site shows for it. Is there another sleeve and bearing that'll work in it? 1850? 1855 maybe?

I'd like to have a relube in it because I do so much round baling with it and have to hold the pedal down so much of the time. I need to pull the engine to put a new input shaft seal in the Over/Under and want the parts here when I tear it down.

el6147
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

in the past I have drilled and tapped those carrier's in the proper place to accept a grease hose

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it ported then so the grease will go in to a relube bearing then? My son has a machine shop and said he could probably drill it,but I didn't know if it needed a groove or something to get the grease to go where it needs to? Which bearing did you use then? 1850? I checked the 1855 schematic and that one doesn't appear to be greaseable either.

el6147
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

part no for a greasable carrier is #72160064

part no for a greasable bearing is #303056287

available from an A&I dealer

if you need to buy them my email is open , I can email back to you with pricing.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks a million. I might be contacting you.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A lot of people don't like Allis Chalmers tractors but I've been baling this year with my AC 185 it has hydraulic engaging PTO,plus the high/low has a neutral and is hydraulicly engaged
so to stop and make a bale I put the high/low in neutral tie the bale dump, it and put it back into high or low range,almost never touch the foot clutch.Once I dump the bale if I need to inch forward to
let the baler door clear the bale I can do that with the high/low lever.Also holds back in both ranges.

rankrank1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not really sure what an AC Power director post has to do with an Oliver throw out bearing post; but at the risk of a second off topic post...I have no doubt that AC power director would work quite well on a square baler or even your model round baler, but my understanding is that with some model round balers you sometimes need to put the tractor in reverse to dump the bale. Having to push the foot clutch to change to reverse gear which will stop the PTO on that AC would not work so good at all IMOP.

rankrank1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not really sure what an AC Power director post has to do with an Oliver throw out bearing post; but at the risk of a second off topic post...I have no doubt that AC power director would work quite well on a square baler or even your model round baler, but my understanding is that with some model round balers you sometimes need to put the tractor in reverse to dump the bale. Having to push the foot clutch to change to reverse gear which will stop the PTO on that AC would not work so good at all IMOP.

rankrank1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: 2-105 Trow out brg and sleeve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters