Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hi I'm Mick

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
47fivewindow
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a tall horse your startin on! It's a beauty. I see you helping your Dad on jobs, now you're getting a tractor to help out with even more. Best of luck, we're all pulling for you. Oh yeah, welcome aboard!

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, Mick. Nice to meet you, young man. Always fun to see a younger generation taking an interest in old tractors. :)

You have wonderful parents from all that I have read here. And I think you and your brother will grow up to be wonderful young men. And your dad's pics sure show that your mama is a great cook.

Love your Cowboy Church. It'd be fun to attend a service there - but we live in MN... a long, long way from AL.

I am a grandma on YT who loves rust. I have a "rust-garden" by my husband's shop with flowers and some odd old pieces of rust for accent pieces.

We own a 100% rusty 1931 Farmall Regular. We also have some painted tractors: Farmall F-20, old John Deere B, a Case DC3, and a John Deere 4020.

Work hard at everything you do in live. And try to listen to your daddy and your mama... they are wise.

P.S. I became an aunt when I was 4 years old and my nephew was born to my oldest sister and her husband. Lots of kids in our family with lots of years in-between us.

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Old, my wife had just moved when I spun it over. I'm glad she did! That ATF shot out. And yep , we had Mick do the treatment. Turkey baster worked great!

formerly ny bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi mick, good to see you got dibs on that R. enjoy, and welcome. I still say your dad will need a bigger trailer for the tractor shows.

Minne mo mick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes sir it has a hand clutch but its not running yet

FLOLDFORD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice to meet you Mick. From what I see you are part of a fine family. Tell your Dad y'all need to come down to Florida next February for the show here. You and I can have a great time looking at all the the tractors. Might even find something in the flea market that needs to go back to Alabama

Craig2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice to meet you Mick. Nice looking tractor you got there. Hope you get to drive it soon

westga
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Mick. When i saw the picture of you and the r i thought now that's a good kid. When i was you age i had my eye on a 1946 Case dc3 that belong to my uncle. I had to wait 45 years to get that dc3. Enjoy your tractor.

RBnWA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Mick Welcome to a great Forum. Your young enough to be my grandson. It s great to see the younger generation interested in old tractors. Take good care of mom and dad and listen to their wisdom. You ll be a fine young man. RB

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the first times I had done the ATF treatment I did not think about it and spun the engine over and was on the spark plug side. But I was also using a battery cable to spin it over not a switch of any sort and for some odd reason a lot of starter are on the same side as the plug so well it spun over and I got an ATF shower form head to foot

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bet. It got every where. Good velocity!!

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mick, that is a real nice lookin tractor!

Bet you can't wait to get to drive it!

Sure beats the assorted riding mowers I had when I was 12!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well it didn't get past the blue jeans but I also did not keep working I was to the house and cleaned up and changed cloths fast. My boots got a good oiling.

johnlobb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, Mick! My brothers 2nd tractor was a MM U. His first was a JD H. He and I still love old tractors to this day!, although he now has some nice Case's, JD's and a Deutz.

sms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Mick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Mick. You're in good company.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters