Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Worthington Tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJ3b_jeep
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My neighbor has a Worthington Tractor in his barn that has been there for ten years or better. He told me the other day he wanted to sell it, and I have had my eye on it for quite some time and was going to buy it, but the next morning by "dream tractor" popped up for sale and we bought that instead (it's an Empire Model 90 with a three point). Anyway, this is not the Worthington with the bed, but I believe it has dual wheels and a ford truck transmission and the ford sheet metal. He asked me to help him sell it, and idea of the worth of the Worthington?

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could you post a picture of it? There a a few different models that have the Ford sheet metal.

Dan

CJ3b_jeep
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will need to go and visit him next week and get some photos. If I remember it looked like this. I will get some photos and post them next week.
Worthington Tractor

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it looks like the one in your link, that would be a 'G' model with the Ford 8N engine. I paid $900 for mine, but it was on Ebay so there was some competition. It also had good tires and ran well with very good brakes. I would be interested to see what the one you found looks like. Here is a link to mine:
My Worthington G

CJ3b_jeep
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are photos of the worthington. It's a ford flathead engine and a truck transmission and a truck differential with dual wheels. Was driven into the barn ten years ago. Was bought new by the Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio.
The sheet metal is a little rougher than I remember but it's a very cool tractor. He is looking for $600 for it.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks like a fun project, definitely a 'G' model Worthington. $600 wouldn't be a bad place to start and maybe a Ford 8N enthusiast would grab it for that. Looking the way it does now and not running may make it harder to sell at that price though. I would at least get the hood bolted back on properly and try and get it to run. As a comparison, I paid around $650 for a Ford Jubilee based Worthington in the link below and it ran well. Are you located near Akron?

Dan
Jubilee Worthington

CJ3b_jeep
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, we are just south of Akron. It's the neighbor's tractor so I don't know if he plans to make it run or not...I did talk him our of putting a 460 in it like he was going to! He may take offers too, not sure with him.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Worthington Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think the frame on that would have held up to a 460 for long!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters