Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

dodge recall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
T in NE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dad's 11 5 liter Ford rusted the transmission pan out

jd man wis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm thinking this truck here has 4,11 in it could be wrong tho. It will pull 11 thousand 600 pounds and go down the road better then the kids chevy with the 5.7 in it. When its that heavy I run it out of over drive. It seems tho that the rpms are high going 55 to 60 that on the light tractors then I ran it in over drive. Seems to get good mileage with it and is in good shape. This trans could of been changed at on time I bought it at a sale for 2000 and for the 5 years iv had it all I have done is grease, tires and oil changes and some lights. That's why its kinda hard to believe the trans needs rebuilt on it having some bad wires in it the oil is good and clean. I looked at the trans and there is the shift linkage on the drivers side and on the other side a big plug of wires plugging in the trans. The guy at the shop said that when they unplug the trans the motor ran great.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I say vehicles are not as good as they were 40 years ago other than fuel economy. Even one mechanic I use say the new cars nobody can work on. I refuse to buy a vehicle made this century unless I was in a position to trade it off every two years.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It may only be a short in the plug in the transmission and not to bad of a repair bill.

fred goodrich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just had one done on the pickup and now have to take the 5500 in but it has to go to a different dealer.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No Ford used the old C 4 and C 6, one c ould still throw it up on the bench and FIX what they screwed up .Nothing but a neutral start switch and back up light switch .

jimg.allentown
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today's vehicles are not necessarily better or worse. Some thing are better, some things should have been left alone.
Electronic fuel injection is one of the best things to ever happen to a car. It can do things that a carburetor never could have done. It fills in the things that were compromised on carbureted engines. With carburetors, some aspects of operating were dealt with by just pumping in more fuel. Fuel injection keeps the mixture correct for the conditions.
Electronic transmissions are a blessing. They have eliminated many unreliable moving parts like governors in particular. Throttle pressure valves, vacuum modulators, and about a third of the valves in the valve body have been eliminated. As a retired automatic transmission rebuilder, I can say first hand that I don't miss a lot of the complicated parts that hydraulic/mechanical transmissions needed to shift into the (hopefully) correct range. Computers can keep a transmission in the right range at all times according to load and driving conditions.
Other things like all of the computer controlled locking, unlocking, lighting, chirping, as well as a host of other unnecessary bells and whistles, we could do without.

Today's cars typically run over 200,000 miles. Cars from the 1960s and earlier were pretty much shot at a bit over 100,000. I think that is an improvement. Older transmissions like the powerglide, ST300, THM350, C-4, C-3, and the Mopar 904 and 998 typically were ready for overhaul around 40,000 to 50,000 miles. Some ran longer, some did not last that long.

Would I like to go back to fiddling with points several times a year? NO!! Would I like to need a carburetor overhaul every couple of years? NO!!

Personally, I think that some of the better cars were in the 1990 to 2005 range. They seem to hold up the best, need the least maintenance, and have good comfort and drivability. My opinion.

Brian Jasper co. Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It would have to be at least an 87 and be the E4OD trans to be electronic.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters