Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Mitsubishi loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom RS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Gang,
Just saw a nice 20 hp diesel w loader, 3
pt, pto.
$3300 looks like 90s?
Are there parts available?
What do ya think?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know about parts but not long ago I had a Cub Cadet 7273 in my shop and it is built by Mitsubishi and we did not have trouble finding parts. It does have a built in ORC that tend to go bad in them. Not sure it that one would have it or not but a heads up for something to maybe check because to replace it was a pain and took a lot of time.

Tom RS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An ORC. What is that?
Sorry I'm not a diesel guy.

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hate acronyms used without spelling it out once but I think the C is clutch no clue on the OR. Maybe it is just an old fogey.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ORC has nothing to do with it being gas or diesel it is the Over Riding clutch which one NEEDS to have if it has a non live PTO or it can/will kill you

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What you don't know what an ORC is for the PTO?? Over riding clutch so the machine your running with the PTO does not push you into a fence or into a creek where you die.

Tom RS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok
Thanks

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By the way if that tractor has the internal ORC and it goes bad you have to split the tractor to put a new one in and just the parts are over $600.

DoubleO7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-old wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:09:40 09/01/1Cool What you don't know what an ORC is for the PTO?? Over riding clutch so the machine your running with the PTO does not push you into a fence or into a creek where you die.

Is that the same as an over running clutch?
Might even describe it as a one-way-drive clutch.
Or maybe not.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When we had to get parts for it they called it an ORC over riding clutch/coupler. It was an odd looking working thing. Had 2 parts that where sloped one way and a slightly over angle notch the other way. The slope let the PTO ratchet so as not to keep pushing the tractor with the clutch pedal down but the notch part held so it could power the PTO. The springs get weak and then it starts to jump the notch parts and they wear out. The new spring I put in was a whole lot stronger then the one I pull out

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The original post did not say the ORC was on the PTO or OTP. It just referred to an ORC somewhere in the yard tractor. I still hate ACRONYMS used without spelling it out ONCE. My final word on the subject. 77.6 and counting.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The term ORC is used all over the place in most every forum on Y-T so it becomes a given that was believe by now every body knows what it is. Just like using ASAP

Ken Combs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Model number means everything on Mits. Some are easy to get parts, some not.

Chris in SK
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Parts can be a problem, but if you search around you can find them. I rebuild a little 3 cyl diesel four wheel drive S-470 model, and found all the parts I needed. These tractors started as Satoh, then became Mitsubishi, and were later sold as re badged Case/IH. I was able to find all the parts for a transmission re build....this tractor has a 3 speed PTO as well. Bearings and seals from local bearing supply, gears and gear cluster from ebay, and from a company called Valley Power that specializes in Mits/Satoh tractors. I got new hydraulic strainer and a few other parts from my local Case dealer.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters