Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Chris please delete ALL my posts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

delete then from the day I joined. I am sick and tried of all the bullies you have on this site and allow to attack people. I posted a post in tool talk about a problem I am having with my wife's car and well on the 2nd post I am getting more bullies then help. Not sure this site is worth it any more and not sure I will recommend your site to any one ever again

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to see that you want to leave! I find that you will find bullies and jackasses in any group you get in. I do like a lot of your answers to questions.

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is the second such request that has appeared on this board in less than a month. Perhaps it's time to step up the moderation a little bit. I'm a member of other boards where each forum has its own moderator who monitors the various posts and keeps things in line. I'm sure these are volunteers, but they have the power enforce the rules and to lock down a thread if it gets out of hand, or to move it if it's off topic, etc. It's impossible for one person to keep track of everything which goes on in all these forums, and that has become painfully obvious in recent weeks.

And no, I am not volunteering for the job, but I think it's something that the powers that be need to look into. Please give it some thought.

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rich, Im sorry you feel that way, but some of the posts you are taking as bullying arent. For example rustred never called you a hillbilly, you took it that way! Im sorry to say it like this, because I think weve mended our fences over the last couple of years, but time to grow up and put on your big boy underwear! Dont let it get to you!

DoubleO7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-old wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:16:41 09/13/1Cool delete then from the day I joined. I am sick and tried of all the bullies you have on this site and allow to attack people. I posted a post in tool talk about a problem I am having with my wife's car and well on the 2nd post I am getting more bullies then help. Not sure this site is worth it any more and not sure I will recommend your site to any one ever again

I am guessing the "bullying posts" have already been removed from admin?
Some might be crass or of no help at all and just "forum filler" to get their post count up.

Your Geo alt. problem might be elevating your frustration level to new heights?
I no longer have any clues that might fix the Geo.
But you know when you find the problem you will wonder why it took so long.
Just don't throw your hammer thru the windshield there or here, okay?
Hang in there Sir.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Him just saying I used a hillbilly test is enough to be as I said and be calling me a hillbilly since I did not use a test as he said I used a VOM

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well if and when I can I do my best to try to help others

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then thats on you. You should have you used one. You said "I know for sure the alternator is grounded well because I use a simple short test to check. I.E. took a jumper wire from the charge stud on the alternator to alternator case and got the sparks". Nowhere in that did you say you used a VOM. It was not until after his response you mentioned using a VOM. Ive read all of those comments, and with the exception of a few, who constantly make smart remarks to others, I dont see where many, if any were "bullying". But I can also understand your side as well. Most often, we can interpret comments made on a forum in a different wa than they were intended. I am guilty of that, and typing out something that was taken the wrong way. I comment no further on this subject, but I will say if anything I have said has offended you, then I truly am sorry.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bet if you go back and reread my post you will see where I have said I have 12.5 volts here or there etc. So for me to know that then one would think it would be something one would understand that a VOM had to be being used because one cannot get voltage readings with out some sort of meter device

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So why is this discussion being continued in this forum and not in the original thread?

This goes back to my earlier point about the need for more moderators.

Clarence Slydell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Chris please delete ALL my posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In my opinion, which I'm sure doesn't amount to a dam(n) thing here, the very first step to improving things on this site would be to eliminate either Modern View or Classic view and run with one simple format which would make a truckload of sense.

The two formats clash with each other in many ways, posts show in one and not the other, replies to posters are shown as replies to other posters who weren't replied to who often hadn't even posted in the same thread, etc, etc. Just seems foolish to try and make the two work together when clearly they don't and most likely never will.

One common format would surely be much easier to administrate and moderate I would think.

And Old, I always assumed you were a tough old bird who wasn't the type to run away from words.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters