Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

changing engine out in 450

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Baker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got a 450 with a spun bearing
The engine in it is a turbo motor and the one I found isn't

Can a fellow put that in and put the turbo on the non-turbo or are there problems

One man told me he believed the engines had different pistons

marloweg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

450 what ?????

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it's a Case 450 you have it should not have a turbo unless someone swapped the engine before,the parts list say the 450 has a Case 207 N/A engine,the 450B has the 207 turbo,according to the parts list the valves,camshaft,crankshaft,block and pistons are different to name but a few,go to the online Case parts site where you can look up the parts for yourself.
AJ

Larry Baker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry about not giving the name of the machine as I forgot,its a jdeere 450E

marloweg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not a JD fan

2x4
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What's wrong with using the complete good turbo engine?

Larry Baker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't found a complete turbo engine

MSM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The turbo can be installed on the non turbo'd engine. I would also swap the injection pumps as the turbo'd pump has the correct fuel curve and fuel rate set to run with the turbo. You may have to swap oil pans depending on what the non turbo'd engine came out of. If hours on the non turbo'd engine are unknown,I would check the bearings and possibly roll in a set of bearings if the old ones show any wear just as preventative maintenance.

Penn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I done that years ago only to have the pistons bind up because there was no oil cooling jets for the piston skirts in the block,the jets should have been on the upper side of the bearing housings and spray oil to the bottom of pistons for cooling.
P

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The cooling orifices for the pistons are not listed for the none turbo but are listed for the turbo in the parts list for the block,I'm not into JD's but you would need to check it out,most diesels need piston cooling when they have a turbo,the block may be drilled for the orifices and carry a blank that can be changed over,someone here could know.
AJ

Larry Baker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: changing engine out in 450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks aj I believe the fella was right

Throwing things together cost money and time

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters