Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The grain elevator and weigher are definitely a Hart-Carter. And what I can see of the feeder it looks like a Hart-Carter too. they are exactly the same as my Huber thresher.
MMDEL

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry Dnistranski had TC. Not sure if went scrap or not. Was several pieces missing or I would have had it. He now lives south of Brandon.

manitobaprairies
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I noticed the elevator as well after I pulled out a Hart-Carter parts catalogue. I'm going to check it out today, so hopefully I'll have good news about it by
tonight.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One at Austin already.

manitobaprairies
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally got down to look at it on Wednesday and it's located on the backside compared to the photos, about dead centre.
It looks like it's in great shape, I think I'll be bringing it home this weekend.

manitobaprairies
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the help in deciding folks. I am now the proud owner of a TC thresher. Now I just need to get it home.
Does anybody have suggestions on where to look for manuals? Parts or operators?

old truck lover
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there is an auction sat sept 15 Castalia iowa mrs ray schnuelle there are 14 threshing machines plus tractors and old machinery

hanz98
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you get your TC Thresher ok? Just got a 2nd TC Thresher myself yesterday. Had one before I picked up and fixed. 32x52 and now another. Happy threshing!

manitobaprairies
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's actually still sitting in the yard of the guy I bought it from. Being the end of summer, I've been busy fixing up equipment and sheds, but we've been going out there to get things ready to move.

Would you be able to post/email a picture of the hitch and crossbar on yours? The one on this TC is rotted away and I'm not sure how the mortise joint is supposed to be made.
Thanks!

hanz98
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will try. I'm not use to posting on this site.

hanz98
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't have a good hitch photo due to it not being hauled yet. But shows no form of being altered other than some strengthening chains. Plus one new like yours.

hanz98
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not allowing me to download.😣

manitobaprairies
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a Twin City 28x48 Threshing Machine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aw, that's too bad. I seem to remember that being an issue when I first joined the forum too. Thanks for the help though! I'll be sure to add pictures when I'm bringing her home. I think it'll be fairly straightf forward to get the hitch fixed up for the 10 mile ride home, anyway.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters