Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

technology

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I asked my 7-year-old granddaughter to show me how to use my wife's Iphone to take a picture of a woodworking project. She had it ready so quick I couldn't keep up, so I
just let her take the pictures for me. When I was seven years old, my granddad asked me to set a bucket on the floor in front of his Philco black-and-white TV set. I
said, "Okay, Granddad, but what's it for?" His reply: "So we can watch WYATT EARP!" That was the extent of my technological abilities and his as well. But he managed
to make a decent living farming 500 acres of cotton with one 1949 H Farmall until 1975. Before he bought the H, he farmed with horses and mules.
Butch

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Phones are something else. My brother-in-law is 80 and was an electronic engineer which worked for NASA. His son is 50 and was a biomedical engineer for the county hospital maintaining the electronic equipment. My brother-in-law got a new phone and neither of them could figure out how to work it and asked my 63 year old wife which all her life is a homemaker and she could handle it. She just likes the new phones and lives on them. Myself I still use a flip phone.

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use a flip-phone, too.

tomNE
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you have to want a smartphone before you'll like them. If you don't want a smartphone, just stay with a flip phone. there isn't anything wrong with them! I love my smartphone, but couldn't wait to get one!

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello woodbutcher,

Beam me up Scotty!

Guido.

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aye, Aye. Cap'n, but she may not hold!

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't want a smart phone either. I was gifted an 4 year old LG phone, one of those slider jobs with the little keyboard inside it. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone to Tracfone today figuring out if I could switch my account to the new phone, which they finally determined I could. My old flip phone is getting really loose and I can't see the words on the tiny screen anyway. Texting is a several times a day event for me and texting on a flip phone is torture. I hope it works out, but I'm sure I darn near drove the poor guy in India or Pakistan almost nuts trying to get to the information he needed on the new phone!

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: technology Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me too and recently changed to Consumer Cellular. Once I got them to block the spam text mesages I was able to live comfortably on my 200 minutes per month for $15 plus tax and government fees....total $18 something. There are a lot of spam phone calls so I just answer calls that are local or people I know...unless I am expecting something special.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters