Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How to value my tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darsow
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you in advance for any comments. I am wanting to sell my 1949 ZAU but I really do not know how to come up with a fair value. Does anyone have advice on how I could go about this? The tractor runs good besides there is a worn spot in the flywheel so occasionally it has to be rotated for the starter to engage.

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unless it has rare features or recent new tires along with being able to run to do light chores probably 600-750 dollars. Also, that assumes a fair amount of paint is still
on it. New paint, mechanically excellent, new tires then 1300-1500 dollars. The market is down in the last several months on row crop tractors from that era and is
unlikely to recover.

DPittman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know a guy looking for a Z or an R, found one for him today at a tractor show here in Illinois. When I talk to him I'll tell him about your ad in the classifieds. Gives him another option. Good luck DP

Darsow
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks so much!! He’s welcome to call me.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Zat because of the price of corn?
(LOL.)

Clyde in Colo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an RTU for sale in Colorado.

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope, primarily because collectors are looking at late 1960's and 1970's tractors in recent times.

C.Amick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are in the east it should bring around $2,000 with decent tires. My neighbor was offered $1,600 for his RTU that is in need of an engine rebuild and turned it down.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ZAS here in Canada won't bring 1k.

morepower02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How to value my tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-molinegb wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:45:27 10/10/1Cool ZAS here in Canada won't bring 1k.

Same in Minnesota. It’s not a first year run of the model that tens of thousands were produced. I would say 6 to 8 hundred depending on tires.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters