Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Another 1020 head question...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Another 1020 head question... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have never used one of these. I have an 820 and it does not have all the bells and whistles. What is "fore and aft"? I know it has something to do with the reel, but what? How do you look at a head and tell if it has fore and aft? My combine when I bought it was listed with fore and aft. I have Googled this but...

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Another 1020 head question... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There will be little hydraulic cylinders, and rollers on the reel support arms upon which the reel can be moved "fore and aft".

mudcreek183
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Another 1020 head question... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like Bob said two small cylinders to move the reel fore and aft,however I have seen a few with hand cranks to move the reel.If yours is hydraulic hopefully the hoses are still marked for the right connection into the feederhouse.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Another 1020 head question... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most headers have a reel that can be moved closer to or farther from the combine throat...thus fore and aft. That term is generally associated with powered fore and aft controls as mentioned by the other posters.Ben

urbancase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Another 1020 head question... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if I remember right your running a 1660, you should have what you need on the combine. if by chance you need some parts let me know as I save all of that form when my first 1680 burned.

Centerplate
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Another 1020 head question... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Dave H (MI) wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:12:13 10/11/1Cool I have never used one of these. I have an 820 and it does not have all the bells and whistles. What is "fore and aft"? I know it has something to do with the reel, but what? How do you look at a head and tell if it has fore and aft? My combine when I bought it was listed with fore and aft. I have Googled this but...

I just installed a valve on my 1460 to run fore/aft on a 1020 head. Installed a valve, wired it up, added hoses and modified the hoses on the head. I don't use the fore/aft feature very much.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters