Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

shaft adapters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RalphWD45
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: shaft adapters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a wheel horse tractor with a KT17 engine, which had the valve keeper distruct on one intake valve. I could not come up with a head gasket, ,but did find the keepers online. I realize that the engine is pretty badly worn, and will probably keep on breaking something, so I looked for a replacement engine on line. I have a 1.25 diameter shaft by 3 1/2" long. The other engines offered are smaller dia. shafts, like 1 1/8"--ect. Is there adapter bushings available for keyed shafts? I won't order an engine; unless I am sure it will work!

steve_in_mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: shaft adapters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can find them on eBay. You might find one at a larger small engine shop.

MNGB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: shaft adapters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi are you sure the CS is 1 1/4"? I looked on e bay and no adapter sleeves list at 1 1/4" biggest listed is 1 1/8"
GB in MN

RalphWD45
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: shaft adapters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

THANKS GB! That's for questioning my measurement! After reading your post, I went to the shop and re measured the shaft, and got 1 1/8" I must have bumped the caliper, when removing it, the first time. Now I can find the compatible engine.

MNGB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: shaft adapters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Ralph glad you caught the error and its easy enough to happen yes that will make much easier to find and engine you might want to check into finding and installing a Kohler M18 should drop right in is a much better engine and probably easier to find good luck
GB in MN

Brian G. NY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: shaft adapters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

True, the M-18 should "slide right in".
BTW, the KT-17 Series II is almost the same as the M-18 and has the same high pressure oiling system.

DR. EVIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: shaft adapters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do a search for Small Engine Warehouse in Muncie, Indiana. They specialize in adapting brand new engines to replace old engines in garden tractors and other power equipment. They ship a complete package, probably a brand new 18 hp Briggs & Stratton engine that bolts right in and any and all parts needed to hook-up and run are included in the one box.

Buddy put one in his #317 JD in about 2-3 hours.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters