Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD 4100 Compact Won't hold charge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmayaa
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: JD 4100 Compact Won't hold charge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need some help in determining what & why my 4100 compact won't hold a charge.
I have been fighting this problem for quite awhile.
The strangest problem with it is that is a somewhat sporadic problem.
I've cleaned the battery terminals, I've replaced the entire cables.
Put a new battery in a few months ago.
After the new battery it would start perfectly....
For a week or two.
Then the tractor sat for a week or two.
Went out one morning, totally dead, the gauge lights didn't even come on.
I noticed one time when trying to get it started that it kind of clicked when turning the key, sometimes it would click, next time, nothing.
I replaced the key switch.
Slow charged the battery all day.
I had 12.50 volts at the battery.
Naturally it started right up.
I left sit for a while at an idle.
About 30 minutes went by, put my meter on the battery posts. It was showing 12.3 to 12.4 volts running...
Next morning, about 12 hrs. it fired right up.
The second morning about 36 hrs after the new switch & charged battery, it clicked a little, dash lights came on, but wouldn't even try to turn over.
I'll be taking the battery to be tested on Monday.
If the test shows the battery is good...
What is my next move?
Many thanks,
Jeff

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Today's Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters