Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

To35 lift piston

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakshow
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was cleaning the hydrolic filter on my to35 when I found this chunk of metal submerged in the oil

I imagine with a broke hydrolic piston my lift wouldn't work but other then being slow and not going all the way up it works fine could this be a leftover chunk from a previous replacement of the part or could that be the cause of my problems also how hard is it to change this part thanks everyone in afvance[/img]

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's definitely a broken pump part, probably from the pump you have now. I wouldn't think it was from a previous repair unless the mechanic was blind..

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A broken pump will be slow and jerky, worse at low RPM.

It should still go all the way up when not heavily loaded. That could be a linkage adjustment problem.

The pump probably broke from starting up with ice in the bottom of the sump.

Freakshow
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live in South GA so cold aint to bad a problem here but do I need a whole kit or just to replace this part

thethresherman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like maybe a piece of item 12?????

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will need to get the pump out and evaluate it.

If the rest of the pump is good, you can just replace the part.

However, those pumps have a reputation for needing valves and other problems.

I rebuilt one with a kit once. It was a royal pain! Clearances are critical, first time I assembled it and tightened the bolts it locked up. A result of "close enough" aftermarket parts. If I had not had access to a lathe and surface grinder, it would not have worked.

If doing it again, I would buy the rebuilt pump.

miner09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just restored a F40 and I found the same part(piston) when I took tractor apart.
The lift worked perfect and had a 6 ft shredder on it when I bought it. Don't know
how it worked. I replaced piston. If you rebuild pump look close as you take apart. It
will go a certain way.Your valves will more than likely need to be replaced. If
older pump you may want to upgrade to newer pump.

Massey3518
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Freakshow wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:19:19 11/04/1Cool I was cleaning the hydrolic filter on my to35 when I found this chunk of metal submerged in the oil

I imagine with a broke hydrolic piston my lift wouldn't work but other then being slow and not going all the way up it works fine could this be a leftover chunk from a previous replacement of the part or could that be the cause of my problems also how hard is it to change this part thanks everyone in afvance[/img]

Yea that's your piston. That part of them isn't that strong of metal I've found but don't know what woould have caused it to break. Maybe something elsewhere floating around I'm the oil.jammed up against it.

You Can Buy That part on its Own But When You Go To The trouble Of Pulling It Out And striping It Down Maybe A kit depending On inspection Might Be A Good option. If not I'd replace all o rings anyway in the pump

Massey3518
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: To35 lift piston Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Meant to add that there's not much to the pump in taking apart and rebuilding it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters