Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No. I was going to have the machinist figure it out from the seal.. however it will cost more for him to fix it than a new part (not surprised).

So for me I need to think about the drilling of the housing and tapping in a fitting to reduce the pressure and then either use a new shaft or put on a sleeve to repair to my current shaft.

I can tell you that the seal is a tight fit on the sleeve.

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG1RED9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:44:48 11/08/1Cool
No. I was going to have the machinist figure it out from the seal.. however it will cost more for him to fix it than a new part (not surprised).

So for me I need to think about the drilling of the housing and tapping in a fitting to reduce the pressure and then either use a new shaft or put on a sleeve to repair to my current shaft.

I can tell you that the seal is a tight fit on the sleeve.

Is a new shaft even available?

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, the shaft is available as a complete assembly with the worm screw etc. but it's a bit on the expensive side. I replaced one in my 202 and broke it quickly which is what made me decide to get power steering working.

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Inno wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:34:09 11/08/1Cool Yes, the shaft is available as a complete assembly with the worm screw etc. but it's a bit on the expensive side. I replaced one in my 202 and broke it quickly which is what made me decide to get power steering working.

I saw the shaft here on YT's site for around $160. That doesn't sound so expensive to me. Is that the one you are referring to.

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It might be. Seems to me I paid more for it. There are a couple of different ones depending on if it has power steering or not.

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Inno wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:56:53 11/09/1Cool It might be. Seems to me I paid more for it. There are a couple of different ones depending on if it has power steering or not.

That one I looked at on YT is for power steering.

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe it just seemed expensive to me at the time.The last few months have been so costly around here that $160 is a pittance!

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Inno wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:31:09 11/09/1Cool Maybe it just seemed expensive to me at the time.The last few months have been so costly around here that $160 is a pittance!

Granted, it is a good hit to any working mans wallet.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would plan on $50 to $100 for seals and such and its involved. The whole steering assembly needs to come apart.
Its the way I am going and am planning several days for frustration breaks.

Don

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG1RED9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:07:17 11/09/1Cool
I would plan on $50 to $100 for seals and such and its involved. The whole steering assembly needs to come apart.
Its the way I am going and am planning several days for frustration breaks.

Don

Yeah, that break down drawing in the parts book kind of scares me a little. Shocked

I'm hoping once I get in there again, I will find that the speedy sleeve came loose. If it did, I will use JB Weld on it this time.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was so close to going that route. Took a day of arguing with myself about it to go the replacement route. I had to pull the assembly to clean out the trans so some of the work was underway. Mine is a real mess.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MHF 202 Power Steering / Speedy Sleeve Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have yet to see one of these steering boxes that wasn't a real mess!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters