Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1365 transmission

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: 1365 transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This might end up long and rambling,I don't know.

When I let up on the clutch pedal on the 1365 to start moving,sometimes it makes a squalling noise and starts to move. It sounds like a bad pilot bearing. They don't have one though. They have that whole clutch unit that's all one piece. I had that rebuilt three years ago. I put a new throw out bearing in it at the time too. It was doing it before I had it rebuilt.

When I had it split,the PTO shaft inside the tractor drive shaft looked gauled. I worked some grease in around it and it was good for quite a while. For a while there too,if I'd disengaged the PTO clutch it would stop the noise. That doesn't seem to be the case now.

The real kicker is that I've discovered that it only does it in high range. If I put it in low range,it won't do it at all. Seems like after it's been in low range it's OK for a short time in high too. That's leading me to believe it's a bearing in the transmission. I looked at Agco Parts Books and didn't see what I expected to see. I thought there'd be a seperate high/low shaft,but I don't see how the high/low works at all from the schematic.

It's showing something about a 12 speed too,but mine's an 8. It has the four speed and reverse in one lever and high/low on the other. What I can't figure either is why the PTO shaft doesn't even have a pilot bearing? That clutch runs directly off the flywheel and looks to just float. That's why I figured the noise was just that PTO shaft spinning inside the main drive shaft and that it was dry.

I don't have it torn down,I'm just trying to get an idea what's going on with it.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1365 transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well now hang on there,what's this number? 676791A It's number 10 in the flywheel schematic. Would that be a pilot for the PTO? I didn't see it in there when I had the tractor split.

Still doesn't explain why it doesn't squall in low range though.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1365 transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I had my Fiat/Agri-power 7000 apart it needed the two piece split brass bushing inside the hollow shaft to support the solid shaft inside. I think it had the ball bearing too, but it's been awhile since it's been apart.

Mitch Poindexter
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1365 transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Randy,

If it’s only doing it in high, then it’s the trans bearing on the high side. Pop the trans shifter cover off. Start the tractor, with the cover still on, and shift it into the high side. Pull the cover off and drive it a bit. The squealing should be right there if that’s what it is. You should be able to diagnose this pretty easily before you split it. Unfortunately.........

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1365 transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For what its worth about a year ago the clutch in my 1365 started making a racket and didn't feel right.I figured I'd need a new clutch but needed the tractor so kept using it after about a month it quieted down and has worked fine ever since with no noise.Don't have a clue what caused it all.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1365 transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How does that high/low work? Is it like the transfer case for the front axle where one gear slides inside of another?

Yesterday it made that noise almost every time I let the clutch up. Today it didn't do it at all. That's how intermittent it is.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1365 transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our next door neighbor bought a 1365 2wd with very low hours, back around 1972. This was a red Cockshutt, same basic tractor. Almost from the time they got the tractor it had this same funny sound occurring intermittently when you let the clutch up. I thought this tractor was the best thing ever, and wanted my dad to get one too, but nothing doing. I would go and work for this guy almost for free, if I could run that 1365.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters