Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Questions about Allis Chalmers

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doghouseexpress
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to all, heres some more information. The reason for hauling a container is just to get the empty 40 ft container to the back of my property, its in Florida and its all flat, so this will be a one time tug to the spot for two empty shipping containers that I need to place so I can tear down my old barn and have the new arch steel building put in place, as a hurricane shelter and a work shop, my current barn is a junk disaster of added on buildings to a pole barn that the previous owners built,..its got to go!! The containers will be on axle's that I built for transport. The rub is that I finally got my girl to OK the purchase of a tractor,but....it has to do everything. End of world PTO attachments waterpump for the well, generator for back up power. small plow, and disc for 3 acre garden and anything else 3 point hitch that I can find and or build. The pulley if for a buzzsaw. I have to be able to convert to propane if need be. I can do all that with the gas engine. I personally have a thing for the old orange girl we had on our farm, it was a legit three wheel Allis, and I literally spent my childhood on that tractor in upstate NY on a 400 acre farm. I'm not even sure what model it was, I know it was smaller than a WD and it had one tire in front on a solid steel wheel. So I would like to have everything with one tractor.
Attachments (3 point) tow capability (as described above) nostalgia, because I miss that orange tractor, and it has taken me 5 years to convince my girl that I need a bigger tractor, and now is my chance to jump before she changes her mind and makes me sleep in the barn with all my VW bugs......again.
I found a nice WD for sale in Wisconsin, but can't get the place to call me back or answer and email. It looks like it has everything but I cant tell about the 3 point, the photos are not that good.
Thanks for all your help, I've been off the farm now for almost 35 years and a lot of my knowledge is based on a 12 year old boy driving around an orange tractor.

The top pic is of the tractor I want to buy, but I can't tell if the 3 point is intact, because the Allis I had when I was a kid (second pic) had no 3 point for me to be able to compare it to. The salesman is trying to find out for me, but their communication skills are not very good.

I'm also not to good with computer forums and don't know where to put this post to get the right answers, thanks for the help in advance.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you buy that WD you will have the find a 3 point for it because it doesn't have a 3 point on it. All it has is the snap coupler arms.

switch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smaller than a wd with three point would be a CA with three point adapter on the Allis quick attach arms.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those are really nice tires on the WD. Must be replacement rims on it too, as the tires and rims look well matched, and bigger than any standard WD size.

There are some brackets there making it look like there was an add on three point hitch at one time.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The picture of a smaller tractor shows a Model C, not a CA. The picture of the WD shows a top link connection, but no 3 pt. conversion. You"d have to add the lift arms to make it work. There was no factory 3pt for either of those tractors.

doghouseexpress
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks, can you tell me which Allis that is similar to these two that has 3 point?
The only thing stopping me from buying this tractor is the 3 point.

mdm1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can get an after market 3 pt conversion for most AC tractors. I believe the D-15 was the first to come out with a factory 3 pt. I may be wrong so don't quote me. I would think you could find one closer than up here. Where in WI is it?

doghouseexpress
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what I've seen on pics of other WD's this unit has the bars (that silver bar that is joining the two side bars must be removed as well as the chain) that raise and lower and the pins down under near the drawbar to have a 3 point hitch. If I'm seeing this right. I'm trying to get an answer from the seller but communication doesn't appear to be an easy task for them. It sure seems to me that the mechanism is there for 3 point, but I'm not 100%, like I said the C we had 35 years ago didn't have 3 point, just a drawbar.
Trying to locate a tractor like this in FL is hard, they don't pop up very often and all the good ones seem to be in the Midwest.
BTW thanks for the info so far, it has helped me greatly,...I'm 80% sure this tractor will work for me,...now to get the rest of the way.

doghouseexpress
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's in Cashton

doghouseexpress
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This 47 is my real favorite, I'd totally get it right now if it had the 3 point, but it looks like the lifting arms are not even there.

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats a WC, they didn't have them, nor the pump, nor the hand clutch. First with the 3 pt would be something in the D series. You can put a 3 point on a WD or WD45 for about $400 or build one if you are handy.
AaronSEIA

mdm1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was just by the Cashton area a couple of days ago. Good luck on your tractor hunt.

2510Paul
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live in La Crosse, about 20 miles from Cashton so I am familiar with Portland Implement 608-654-5575. I am convalescing from surgery but I did call them. As luck would have it I talked to the Sales Person you talked with, Kevin. He was very good and explained they have not had a chance to look at the 3 pt. yet. We had a quite a bit of snow here so it is buried in the snow right now. Kevin did say he would give you a call to give a status update.

My own experience is dealers that far away don't respond as well than if the sale was closer. I assume they see those sales as a low percentage closure rate given distance, ability to look at the item, and freight. Anyway, I hope he calls and you can get your question answered. Good Luck.

Paul

2510Paul
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was re-reading a couple of the posts. Aaron of SEIA points out there was no factory 3pt for that tractor. You know, if you want a real 3pt. you might want to look at a D Series with a factory 3pt. They might also be easier for you to get onto given you're slightly older now.

Just a thought.

Paul

mdm1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Allis Chalmers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe advertise for what you are looking for and see if there is anything closer. What is it going to cost to get it home? I know you said there is not much close but maybe there is. Maybe get more tractor for the same money? Just a thought.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters