Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Power steering pump pictures

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I pulled the stud from the pump. Hard parts individually less the spring and assembled with with the 1.6" high filter. Filter is about 1/2" short or shaft is 1/2" long

Does this help make clear the issue? any ideas?

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the wrong filter from what I used to put in at the MF dealer I worked for.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just came back from a tractor shop. Not a dealer, but they have access to the same parts. He says, based on the part number its the right filter and to find a taller one without a part number isn't realistic.

So I can move forward, I bought a washer that is close to the shaft size. I am going to use that first, then an o-ring, then the filter, then the machined part with the spring on top and not use the cup.

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1023057M1 is the taller filter.

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

shaeff wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:58:55 12/07/1Cool
1023057M1 is the taller filter.

For the taller pump is what I meant to add. Hate that this forum won’t let us edit our own posts...

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AGCO 1023057M1
New Holland 167495
Baldwin PT459

O.D.: 2 3/32"
I.D.: 23/32"
Length: 2 1/16"

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PT that certainly makes more sense. Given mine is a MHF and the serial number is before the year was tracked, it is logical that the pump would be an early one. The early one is suppose to be a taller reservoir. To my eyes my reservoir seemed wider than tall. I should have taken and posted its dimensions, which I will. Someone must of tried to use the cap from a later model which is what I zeroed in on.

Thank you,
Don

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shaeff that makes more sense. To my eyes the reservoir was wider and when I called and talked with Yesterday, they said there is no taller filter. So it fed my confusion.

I am going to shift and start getting my parts from the shop I can walk into and discuss what I am working on, They restore tractors and have experience. Tired of being told we only sell parts and know nothing. It burns up a lot of time.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG1RED9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:14:52 12/07/1Cool
Shaeff that makes more sense. To my eyes the reservoir was wider and when I called and talked with Yesterday, they said there is no taller filter. So it fed my confusion.

I am going to shift and start getting my parts from the shop I can walk into and discuss what I am working on, They restore tractors and have experience. Tired of being told we only sell parts and know nothing. It burns up a lot of time.

Forgot to thank you for taking the time to help! - and could not edit the post

Don

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG1RED9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:15:59 12/07/1Cool
BIG1RED9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:14:52 12/07/1Cool

Don

There are two types of pumps, the Barnes pump and the Cessna pump. It looks like you have a Barnes shorter, wider filter in a Cessna pump

The Cessna pump has a taller, narrower reservoir.

The Barnes pump has a shorter, wider reservoir

Does your reservoir anything like Fill Line embossed on the reservoir?.

My Cessna pump has "Cessna" stamped right on the pump.

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG1RED9 wrote:

Don

You’re very welcome! Smile Good luck with it, lots of parts places don’t really care much about what they sell. A repair shop will be of more help for sure.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not that I can see. I will take the measurements of the reservoir and take some pictures and share that info. To me it looks like it is wider than it is tall. and the machined metal part is not in the Cessna parts schematic. I am guessing over the years its a combination of pump parts. For now I am comfortable with my work-a-round. Fluid will go through the filter and I can see the port in the bottom of the reservoir.

How is your steering surgery going?

I sent back my new shaft and will be going the sleeve route.

Don

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG1RED9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:33:12 12/07/1Cool
Not that I can see. I will take the measurements of the reservoir and take some pictures and share that info. To me it looks like it is wider than it is tall. and the machined metal part is not in the Cessna parts schematic. I am guessing over the years its a combination of pump parts. For now I am comfortable with my work-a-round. Fluid will go through the filter and I can see the port in the bottom of the reservoir.

How is your steering surgery going?

I sent back my new shaft and will be going the sleeve route.

Don

I finally got everything I needed to put mine back together. I'll probably do it tomorrow. I just wanted to be sure the rain was over.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The whole steering system on these tractors leave a lot to be desired. It's the one thing on these tractors I don't like.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Power steering pump pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In case you have not noticed.

When you turn the steering wheel right and then left, the shaft lowers and raises. I am going to triple check mine, but I believe the total shaft movement is about .125

So my calcs ....if I am correct

Working area of the sleeve is .331
Center of the sleeve is .1655
Shaft movement up .0625
Shaft movement down .0625

Perfect placement would have the the pressure lip of the seal center with the sleeve when the shaft is neither raised up or down.

It would be nice if the sleeves were an inch wide. I feel a headache coming.

Don

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters