Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb works Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Attempting to adjust the carb on my new prior 2000, found the initial settings in the shop manual as to initial settings and we will get it figured out as we did on my 2N. Got the tank and carb all cleaned out today, and will eventually put a carb kit in it. As I was adjusting the carb today and listening to the idle and higher rpm carb and engine noises was wondering if anyone has ever seen a detailed description of how the carb works at different rpm's and under load. This one is a TX765.

L.B,
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AL On the left hand margin find Research & Info., click on Articles.scroll and
find Maintenance, Mechanical and "How-To" Information find and click on Step
by Step Carburetor Overhaul it is 14 dots from the bottom.

flembo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I Am going to jumpin in and thank you, I have been here for quite a few yrs. and never realised all that info was there I guess I will have to investigate that left hand column beyond the photos and adds.

Jim.ME
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Marvel Schebler carb service manuals are available free on line at several places. Search for Marvel Schebler DLTX and TSX service manual as they are in the same manual.

allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Fellas. Very good information. I hadn't stumbled on the articles yet either, so have some reading to do.

allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks again Jim, just read the idle and power system description in the MS manual. That is exactly what I was looking for. Felt like I was feeling around in the dark, fiddling with the adj. screws without really understanding what she was trying to do. Much better informed now on design, and free to boot !

L.B,
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

oh ya I know its there and use it from time time but that an fellow forum advice make a for a great combo.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to the ntc site and look in the HOW-TO's forum for free downloads of the M/S carb manuals. All the TSX carbs operate basically the same on these old Fords. Getting one to operate correctly must be done after the engine is hot and warmed up. When you make an adjustment, go 1/8 -1/4 turn only at a time and WAIT for the engine speed to catch up. Proper range is met when under a load. You can step on brake and try to adjust when applying some throttle. Needs a second person, but be safe.

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These may or may not help and answer your questions but here goes. Diagrams courtesy of JMOR.

M/S TSX CARB OPERATION:

TPD

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These may or may not help and answer your questions but here goes. Diagrams courtesy of JMOR & GB.

M/S TSX CARB OPERATION:

TPD

allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Tim

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stewart's article points to wrong place for main jet. Jet is under nozzle. I believe he corrected that in later revised paper.

terry274
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a detaileddescription of how a MS Carb w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is the article referenced above:

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/articles/restore/8ncarb/artint231_pg1.htm
Carb overhaul

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters