Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Zane

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanostoybox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I saw years ago a post with a picture that showed how to adjust your linkage using a common framing square . It was laid flat on the housing ( which is upside down ) and inline with the edge of a bolt hole , then you measured "X" distance to the rod . Really very simple . The jig makes it easier but it really is an easy task . Might have been the FO4 manual ???

Hopefully someone has saved it and will re post the link"

Saved by the web archive. Unfortunately the images are lost.

Steve-N-tN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill, couldn't find your email in either view but sure could use the instructions as mine were hard to read too when I got Zane's jig. Email is col_steve_koons@yahoo.com Thanks in advance!! Steve

Ken(Ark)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve-N-tN wrote:

....couldn't find your email in either view ......

I looked and looked and looked , then I noticed in modern view on the bottom left side of our post there is a little blue box that says "Profile" and next to it is an "Email" if they have one listed .

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have emailed Zane's calibration directions to the following:
Tom Carey
Steve Koons
Ken McCoy
Don - Rice VA
Tom Heile
Shelby Middlebrooks
CB Haines
KirkNJ

The ability to view other members email address or make an attachment to a private message has either been disabled or I'm too stupid to figure it out.

Didn't think of this sooner but I uploaded and shared the instructions on Google Docs as well. Click below link to view/download.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13bmVITr54C29bgN5w33uAbfi51JPYv-o/view?usp=sharing

If you are unable to retrieve from Google Docs, just send me your email to Bill_Griffin at hotmail.com (change "at" to ampersat "@")

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-deanostoybox wrote:

Ken & Deano, I glommed onto the framing square instructions and created a PDF (with pix) which I've uploaded and shared on Google Docs.

Poke here for access: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vX0Y-HpfaA6RWu14sNk5vBKnwVpj5B41/view?usp=sharing[/url]

Steve-N-tN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got 'em Bill!! Many thanks for a FANTASTIC tutorial!! Really easy to follow and the pictures are great!!! Have a Merry Christmas and a SAFE and Happy (8)New Year!! Steve

hunkydory
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dollar Bill wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:55:45 12/10/1Cool

Ken & Deano, I glommed onto the framing square instructions and created a PDF (with pix) which I've uploaded and shared on Google Docs.

Poke here for access: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vX0Y-HpfaA6RWu14sNk5vBKnwVpj5B41/view?usp=sharing[/url]

Thank you, Bill!

Steve-N-tN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken(Ark) wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:54:34 12/09/1Cool
Steve-N-tN wrote:

....couldn't find your email in either view ......

I looked and looked and looked , then I noticed in modern view on the bottom left side of our post there is a little blue box that says "Profile" and next to it is an "Email" if they have one listed .

Thanks Ken, Appreciate the tip on the email address!! It finally appeared on modern view after I had already posted above. Wasn't there then it was!!!!! In any event, Bill sent it and it is one fantastic piece of work!!!

Troystractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill:

You did a great job redoing the instruction sheets. Thank you very much

I could not get the private e-mail to work either yesterday.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dollar Bill wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:55:45 12/10/1Cool

So, did you conclude that the jig notch corresponds to Neutral (no lift/no drop) when lift arms are full up?

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
So, did you conclude that the jig notch corresponds to Neutral (no lift/no drop) when lift arms are full up?

Sorry Jesse, I wish I could answer your question but it was 10 years ago that I worked on the lift using the jig and I simply do not recall making that observation.

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear that he passed away! I missed that bit of news. I tend to dissapear from the forum during the summer months.

Colin, MN

Tom Massachusetts
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Big Dan, I got your email about the finished jig and replied on the 19th. Did you get my email?

Merry Christmas, Tom

Ken(Ark)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom Massachusetts wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:06:02 12/26/1Cool Hey Big Dan, I got your email about the finished jig and replied on the 19th. Did you get my email?

Merry Christmas, Tom

Did you get a jig built ? I don't want to get in the middle of any deals being made . I have posted a pic of the dimensions and would be glad to give any sizes that are unclear so someone could build their own . I would be glad to build a few at $20 + $5 postage if any one want's one . My email should be at the bottom of this post or bonnerdaleken @ yahoo .com

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Zane Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken(Ark) wrote:
I would be glad to build a few at $20 + $5 postage if any one want's one .

Ken, that is most generous of you and would provide a great service to many trying to adjust their 8N lift. Would you consider creating a separate post with your offer?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters