Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Rear tires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jubilee 1953
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My jubilee have 12-12.4 tires, need to get to the same tread, who sell tires and also will need to 2 hoops.

Jimmy

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located? Doesn't need to be exact but general area. If you give people here an idea of where you are, it might open more options and help on your questions. Are there any commercial tire shops near you? Miller Tire and eBay are a couple options but you may have to add shipping so local is sometimes less expensive.

When you say hoops do you mean rims? This site has a selection of rims in its store, check them out.

Jubilee 1953
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am in Albuquerque NM, I have contacted the new Hollen shop to see what they could get me.

Yes on the rim(hoops)

Jimmy

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From the factory the Jubilee was equipped with 10-28 tires which are 11.2X28 in the new size on the 10” wide rim.
Keep in mind that you have some options here . Using an 11” rim makes a 12.4X28” fit .
Parade tractor , hobby tractor or work for it’s living tractor?
A 12-28” rim will mount a 13.6X28” tire . Raises the backend 2”.
The wider tires are also taller and will the tractor closer to level instead of sagging low in the backside .
Miller Tire were among the first to offfer odd sized and odd tread pattern tires .
http://www.millertire.com/categories/rear-tractor-tires/

Jubilee 1953
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I would be OK to buy a 12-4 tire and have it mounted on a 10" rim? This was my dads tractor and I am in the middle of a total restoration and its coming down to buying the rear tires. The ones that on it now say 12-4 mount on a 11" rim and I am thinking the 11" rim is lip to lip which makes it a 10" that the tire rides on? The only reason I am buying new tires, rims and centers is that my are rusted badly, and the tires are different from each other.

Thanks for all the help
Jimmy

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

12.4 tires for 11" rims were equal to 11" tires if mounted on 10: rims..perfectly acceptable as replacements..

I would approach that 11.2" tire size with Caution...that were original size sure DO NOT appear to be anywhere near as large as the old 10" tires..

Many make that mistake and have to live with them..

12.4 was considered a minimal "over-size"..equaling only the equivalent of 1" increase..insignificant.

Nearly all of the Older tractors benefited from larger rear tires..especially if they were going to actually get much USE..

hd6gtom
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you want the exact same tread we need to know the brand of tire you have on there now. Even then, the
exact same tread may be no longer made.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

. All new 10” rims and 11.2X28” will cost about the same as 12” wide and 13.6X28”.

Jubilee 1953
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Both rear tires have different tread patterns, I have been looking at Miller tires, he has a couple of patterns that I like.
My main issue was tire and rim size, I am going to put the 12.4's back on it.

Thanks for the help

Jimmy

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters