Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

So I think it is time to fix this one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tractorcedric
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This CA was given to me about 12 years ago. So I bought an extra engine and torque tube right after I got the tractor. If I can load the pictures you can see why. The block and torque tube had been broken some how. And some one had a lot of skill and patience. Then later some one ran it out of oil as the bearings are shot. The CA is in the back ground of the first picture. The repair to the engine block is in the third picture. If this works I will post my progress!

ghostdncr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think that's a remarkable piece of brazing work on your engine block. Assuming everything still lines up and bolts together securely, that's quite a testament to someone's perseverance and skill with a torch! Do you know if that repair has been subjected to any kind of substantial load?

Tractorcedric
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure if it was tested much, but like I said it was later ran out of oil. The guy that gave me the tractor said it was given to him as a wedding present! Not sure what his friend had in mind. Yeh it all lined up good and I am sure it got used some after the repair. The bars that support the front axle were all welded up to. The donor engine and tube are out of a B I think. Hope to just put rings, seals and bearings in the engine. Still have to remove right axle to check out the hand clutch. Oh and the pto was broke off too.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CA with a snap coupler...drooling, drooling, drooling!

JOCCO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will probably like the CA when done easy to work on and parts are cheap. Mine is in the end stages of restoration/repair.

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will the donor tube work if out of a B? I'm thinking the CA tube is longer.
AaronSEIA

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it will work if the one from the B is built after 1951. They share the same part number.
AaronSEIA

Tractorcedric
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I have an Allis three point conversion for it!

Tractorcedric
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The CA is a 1953 and I must have gotten lucky cause the tube seams to fit. Hope I don't have any trouble with the block. The rod caps in the CA engine had lock nuts and the donor engine had cotter keys in the rod bolts. What is the differences in the rear seal. And could I switch to the new style?

rfridy73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: So I think it is time to fix this one Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The CA is a powerful little tractor, but hell to get on an off.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters