Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ran out of fuel, put in more, started up ran for about 20 minutes, quit running. I pulled injectors had them test, failed. Replaced with new ones. Bled everything out, several times. Still wont start. Light gray smoke, was very black before. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ASSUMING you didn't add "bad fuel" (with water in it, for example), either you haven't got all the air bleed out of the fuel system, or you stirred up debris in the tank that has clogged something.

OR, it could have possibly just been NEARLY out of fuel and stopped due to some mechanical failure that happened at that moment.

If it doesn't start after a thorough bleeding (did you loosen fittings at the injectors and crank it 'til fuel came out) (keep body parts away from high-pressure fuel), or you don't get fuel at the injectors, the next thing to do would be to verify that the internals of the pump are rotating with the engine and are "in time".

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you have fuel pushing out at the loosened injector lines before you condemned and pulled those poor old injectors?

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do the simple and easy stuff first like making sure there is a full flow of good fuel coming out of the tank,then the line to the first filters,etc.Replacing the injectors which obviously were not the original problem is the last thing you'd need to do.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those SMALL diesels don't move much fuel at full load, so bleeding will take MUCH longer. What I do on small glow plug diesels is remove all the plugs so engine will crank easier and faster. With the lines loose at all injectors crank engine with throttle at 1/3 or more, when there's fuel at each injector tighten the line nuts. Now crank more until you see air/fuel mist blow out each glow plug hole, when you see that you can install the plugs and engine will start. While the plugs are out I test them on a charger and make sure the tip heats up as it should, if not replace any bad plugs.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you sure the glow plugs are working???

Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Adirondack case gu wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:18:54 12/24/1Cool Are you sure the glow plugs are working???

I have not yet tested the glow plugs. How would I do that

Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bled out from the filter to the injectors. There was good flow( my first diesel) from what a couple other guys said. Spit fuel a few inches from the coupler. I cranked it over after new injectors were installed but before attached, seamed like plenty of fuel coming out. I've bled it 4 times

Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I did. It was huffing black smoke. When I brought the injectors to be tested. They said the fuel was just blowing through

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Charlie moore wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:48:18 12/24/1Cool
Yes I did. It was huffing black smoke. When I brought the injectors to be tested. They said the fuel was just blowing through

Conventional wisdom, if all injectors were like that, the first thing would be to wonder if it's been massively overheated?

Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Traditional Farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:25:58 12/24/1Cool Do the simple and easy stuff first like making sure there is a full flow of good fuel coming out of the tank,then the line to the first filters,etc.Replacing the injectors which obviously were not the original problem is the last thing you'd need to do.

The shop did say the injectors we not functioning properly. Gravity fed fuel to the pump. Spits pretty good when cranking.

Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very good, I'll try that method of removing glow plugs wait for the mist to blow out. Thank you

Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not sure, how would I test them? Thank you

Charlie moore
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had the tractor for 3 months, everything was going fine, until it ran out of fuel. It always started with a lot of black smoke but cleared up within a minute. Plenty of coolant in radiator.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor ford 1310 was running stalled out now wont start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quit running does not really sound like bad injectors, more like a bad pump or other issue, would think bad injectors would just not run right or hard to start.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters