Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Snow is falling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So we are in a winter weather advisory and there calling for up to 9 inch of snow. Been snowing for over an hour so far but the temps are warm enough that it is not sticking to the ground or driveway. Debating on putting the V plow on since there calling for temps in the upper 30s on Monday and 50 on Tuesday

MSS3020
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ours is suppose to start about 6p.m. 3-5 which can mean anywhere from 1/4 to 10" lol..

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old, I looked up weather earlier for St Louis area. Seems there's supposed to be a good amount of ice and sleet. You folks take care. Try not to play slip-N-slide too much.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

St Louis is about 250 miles north east of me. I live here at the Lake of the Ozarks. Weather guessers have us on the edge of the area that is suppose to get up to 9 inch of snow. It is going to be a wet snow so will pack down good. I don't have to go any where for a few days so should be ok and will not be likely to try to get out other then to check mail which is a mile drive which maybe fun since I have a long hill on my driveway

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were talking wintry mix here tomorrow, but now just say rain.
Richard in NW SC

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In SJ they started at one with possible two inches over Saturday night. As of two hours ago they have now pushed it to possible three inches. And I guess it starts.

300jk
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had an advisory a few days ago. Originally supposed to get a foot and a half or so. We got maybe 3 inches. It did get cold though. Last weekend in the 50's. This morning it was 12 and only got to 20. Pretty much normal for here this time of year. I usually don't get too excited about it till we get a foot plus in one shot. That kinda slows things down a little !

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put the snow plow on my Farmall today, so I won't get any snow. You on the other hand by waiting are going to have so much snow you won't get to your snow plow.
Forecasting up to 7 inches.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well on that your wrong since even with out the V plow on I can still move snow with the loader the V plow fits on. Only thing is with the loader one has to push and pile the snow where as the V plow just clears off an 8.5 foot wide area

M-MAN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to get greedy and keep it all to yourself!

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kcm,
Slipping and sliding isn't so bad... it's
the landing that gets ya! Sad

IowaJohn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Snow just started here. We're only s'posed to get a dusting to an inch.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I never realized that one of Minnesota's pastimes was to go flying, and using ice for the runway! *lol*

ghostdncr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've got an inch or two on the ground here in Brooks, KY at 4:00am. My youngest daughter needs to head out for work at 8:00am and my wife wanted to run some errands this morning, otherwise I would just leave it alone. My driveway is only about 200' long but very steep, so I guess I'd better get off YT and get to work... Rolling Eyes

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Snow is falling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's when being good in skates be they roller of ice comes in to play big time. I learned to roller skate when I was around 5 or 6 and got good. Then a number of years ago I was invited to go ice skating. I found out just after a few minutes that I could do every thing ZI could do in roller skates I could do in ice skates. One gal that was with us asked me hey you said you have never been ice skating so why is it you can skate so well. I told her I am good on roller skates so I guess they are not that much difference in the two. After about 10 minutes on the ice I was skating backwards and then forwards and, and doing all I ever did on roller skates which helps when your walking around on ice

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters