Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

An old FORD car we spotted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jeffcat: I have the smaller 64 Fairline 500, but have a 63 Galaxy 406 engine waiting to be installed once I get a few tractor projects finished

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That one is a 1968. 1967 still had the vertical headlights.
Ben

coshoo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to the 1965 National FFA convention in Kansas City in '65. We went by train from western Washington to Kansas City. Somewhere along the way (or maybe in Kansas City) we toured the Ford plant. The only part I remember is a guy leading in the corners on the roof of a 4 door sedan. I had never seen lead being used before on cars, so was very interested in the process. Not much sanding left to do when he finished with it.

Crazy Horse
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jeffcat ..... I suspect that's you in the top photo. You didn't finish the story .... ha!

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 63 Farlane with the 170" engine and it was plenty, don't know why any body would want a bigger engine. I also had a 65 Olds F85 with the 330 engine and it would have handled a lot better with the 225" engine. Only reason I can see with the big engine is on a drag strip.

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1965. No question about it. We had one. Bought brand new in Nov. 64. Ours was dark green 4 door sedan. 240 six. 3 speed automatic. I think 3 speed was called cruise-o-matic. 2
speed was called Ford-o-matic. Very quiet inside cab. Up here in Mn. winters the salt finally got the best of it. Sister was driving it to and from collage and slammed on brakes
for red lite and the frame was so rusted, it buckled and pulled emergency brakes on and she squealed to stop in middle of intersection. Doors were jammed and she had to crawl out
window. Walked someplace to call home and Pa and I went down with 74 Dodge 2 ton, cut brake cables and dragged it home. Jacked it up and welded plates on it but it never drove right
after that. Sold it to some kid for demo derby. Went to county fair to watch derby. He took one hit to front corner and car quit. Never to run again. And that is the story of the
65 Galexi.

BigPapa53
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was wondering why nobody took my word for it that it was a ‘65 until I saw my post again...

No wonder. Seems I got happy with the sixes, LOL.

It should’ve read “It’s a 1965.”

Destroyed, I’ve always been a fan of the ‘64 Fairlanes. My second car was a ‘64 Fairlane station wagon. It had the 260 and the three speed, white with blue interior. I put buckets in it and tried to put a floor shifter in it but just couldn’t make it work. That was in ‘79. A fellow down the road had a white two door hardtop with red interior that I always wanted. I asked him many times to sell it to me but he never would. I drove by his sons place the other day and it’s still sitting there, covered with rust, windows down or broken out, and that beautiful interior trashed. So sad.

-Scott

SanDogDewey
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I’m partial to the ‘64 Galaxie 500 XL convertible myself! 390 auto in mine.

BigPapa53
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: An old FORD car we spotted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a SWEET ride, Dewey.

-Scott

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters