Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

truck dealer oops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjytexas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took my F 150 in yesterday for a couple of recalls and told them to change the oil. I called at 4:30 pm today and was told it would be ready at 6 pm. Son took me over to the dealer and the service writer said they would be finished in 10 minutes. I saw a F 150 that looked like mine pulling into the bay. Later it came out but it wasn't mine. The writer came back and said they had changed oil in someone else's truck by mistake. Anyway, they got mine changed for free and a credit for my next change too. Is it a full moon?

BMACK518N
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good service writer, mistakes can happen. Other guy got a free oil change also.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope they did the recall work on your truck... not on the other guy's.

wjytexas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wonder if they will tell him?

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Took the company astro van to a jif lube. They filled the oil twice. That engine sure sounded good when they started it. It actually ran but sounded like a washing machine. You could actually hear the oil sloshing.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what I read I do not see why they felt obligated to give you the oil change for free ? You wanted it changed and got it done ? Only had to wait 10 minutes extra ? What am I missing ?

wjytexas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actually it was close to an hour after they said it would be ready and they offered the free change. I never demanded anything and I guess I'm glad you aren't the service manager.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like I mentioned "what am I missing" You never mentioned the extra hour wait in your first posting. That would make a difference. FYI: Also if I was the service manager your oil change would of been done on time !

wjytexas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: truck dealer oops Reply to specific post Reply with quote

and to the right truck too!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters