Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil(va)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking for the rod and clevis between standard M-S carb and governor control arm for TO-30. Tried to adjust mine and it was rusted so
bad the rod snapped. Was able to weld clevis back to end of rod and it might work ok, but no longer can adjust it. (And that was the
problem to begin with.) Cannot find a new one. Anyone have a line on one? Guessing same for TO-20 and probably for 35 also. Should be
easy to ship. Thanks. email: baileylp33@gmail.com

hymie2lt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sent you an E-mail....did you receive it?
Wayne

phil(va)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got your email, but part numbers I have are 825 406 m1, or 825 211 m1, for rod and 825 212 m1 for clevis.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can't find new or used OE ends, look through these, probably find something that will work.
McMaster Carr

phil(va)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I probably can find a clevis from that source.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did.

phil(va)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ordered clevis and rod from them. Guess I'll have to bend the angle at end of the rod and then put hole in end before cutting it off, but hopefully it will work fine.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Phil(VA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:36:54 01/13/19) Ordered clevis and rod from them. Guess I'll have to bend the angle at end of the rod and then put hole in end before cutting it off, but hopefully it will work fine.

Since you have a welder.simply cut the old rod off just "short" of the threads and weld a new section of threaded rod to it, re-using the main part of the rod with the 90ยบ end with the cotter pin hole.

IIRC, it's 1/2"-28 thread, if that's right, a 1' length of threaded rod is $0.59 at McMaster's.

phil(va)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, that would be an option. However, I have welded the old rod back so that it 'works' although it is no longer adjustable. I'm
reluctant to bust it up now, as it is a fall back. Anyway, I ordered a rod from McM that has 2 inches of threads and rest smooth rod just
like the original. Of course I'll bend and drill it. If that doesn't work, I'll go to Plan B which would be what you suggested. By the
way, the rod is 1/4 with 28 thread.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: TO-30 Carb to Gov. Rod/Clevis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Phil(VA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:36:04 01/14/19) Yeah, that would be an option. However, I have welded the old rod back so that it 'works' although it is no longer adjustable. I'm
reluctant to bust it up now, as it is a fall back. Anyway, I ordered a rod from McM that has 2 inches of threads and rest smooth rod just
like the original. Of course I'll bend and drill it. If that doesn't work, I'll go to Plan B which would be what you suggested. By the
way, the rod is 1/4 with 28 thread.

Sorry, that was a "typo", meant 1/4".

1/2" would be a pretty heavy throttle rod! LOL!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters