Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What is part for and what implement is it for

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Please post a photo of your PC 100 as PC 100 doesn't appear on JD parts search that I can determine.

Pete in MD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

I don't know how to post photos from my phone to YT. I can attach photos to an email. If you send me your
email address in the clear via YT I'll send you 2 photos of PC-100. My email is open in Classic.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check your mail

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete
I received your email but couldn't locate any photo's in it.
Jim

Pete in MD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

Did you get the other two emails that had the photos?

Pete

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete
I don't see an email with photo's
Jim

Hay maker2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Casting numbers and part numbers are 2 separate things.

The 3184 is a casting number for the bearing housing, once they press the bearing into the housing now it becomes an assembly (bearing & housing) with a completely different part number.

Unless you thumb through thousands of pages of old parts manuals tiring to find a casting number in the part number description, your on a wild goose chase.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hay maker2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:34:06 01/13/19) Casting numbers and part numbers are 2 separate things.

The 3184 is a casting number for the bearing housing, once they press the bearing into the housing now it becomes an assembly (bearing & housing) with a completely different part number.

Unless you thumb through thousands of pages of old parts manuals tiring to find a casting number in the part number description, your on a wild goose chase.

Hay, while I'm sure you are more or less CORRECT, check out the example of the previous part "Deeretails" asked about, 4312-SC... the casting number IS in the parts list, even though it's an assembly.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob
I agree with you that on rare occasions JD part #s & casting #s are identical.
Jim

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete
Here's your 2 photo's you emailed me. I still can't determine where PC 100 is from as I don't see PC 100 on JD's parts site..
Jim

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's sure interesting!

When I was looking at the spreader parts, a search for "H" turns up "PCC063" which is a "collection" of parts catalogs, covers "SPREADERS A, B, C, D, E, ET, H, HH, K, P-A, AND P SPREADER-EVENERS".

The tractor parts catalog you guys are talking about seems to be a "collection" of tractor parts catalogs, so I was wondering if it was actually labelled "PCC100", but I see not, and searching for "PCC100" gets nowhere, either.

We need (has someone already started???) a site like the one linked below, but for DEERE parts!
GMpartswiki

Pete in MD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob,

The catalog is Numerical Index, PC-100 with a print date of June 1950. Next to the date it says Revised Numerical Index.

Is it possible that prior to some date, maybe 1950, that JD had all parts lists in one catalog? This would explain the high page numbers listed in PC-100

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete
The numerical index you're referring to was it also referred to as the "master parts index"?

Pete in MD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

NO, just Numerical Index.

When I bought it off ebay years ago I thought it was the MPI or MPL but found out differently when I got it.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete
Can you please email a photo of the frt cover & I'll post it.
Jim

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters