Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billdance09
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, First time posting here and long story short, I have a mid 1960's Ford 2000 with the 4 cylinder gas 134CI motor and it spun a crankshaft bearing. It chewed up the crankshaft pretty bad and my repair shop
is quoting me starting at $450 and could go up if welding is needed (which I think is likely). Being how a new crankshaft is about $100 more and I only paid $500 for this tractor, I was curious if anyone had a
lead to a used crankshaft in decent condition or if this is interchangeable with another model so I can widen my search for a used part? I'm in Northern California in Orangevale. Any help would be appreciated
and thanks for your time!

sunbeam
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about this
Untitled URL Link

billdance09
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice find and looks like a good option, thanks

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one that's been to the machine shop - mains are .010" under and rods are .030" under. Came from a 2000 that I repowered after the original engine put a rod through the block. $250, but I'm not sure how we'd get it from northern WI to CA.
Email is open, if you're interested.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wondered about your crank but thought you had sold it.
Fwiw, I shipped a 158 3 cyl crank to eastern MI a couple of years ago. Cost was right at a C note.
However, I'm guessing a 3 cyl crank weighs close to double what your crank would weigh.
All in all yours would be the better deal - even if shipping cost was a bit more since you've already had it ground and who knows what that ebay crank might need.
Speaking of crankshafts, it's been so cold today I haven't even gone out to get that crank off the floor of the Toyota.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, a 3-cylinder crank is close to twice the weight of a Red Tiger crank.
It's 10? here now, but feels warmer than yesterday. I just hauled a load of manure, about a half mile to the field. The cold has the deer hungry... I saw 32 of them out eating... but none of them looked thin.
One possible option for shipping the crank might be with a friend who drives OTR. He runs to CA with some frequency.

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unrelated-off topic but your "Handle" has me curious. Mind sharing why you chose what you did? Related? Follow him? He still dipping minnows and wearing his Tennessee Hat?

Related. On the crank, "Bird in the Hand is worth 2 in the Tree"........source unknown. I'd opt for the one that's done, pick up some matching bearings and go for it. Near an Interstate truck stop? The idea if giving a driver a few extra bucks to drop it off might be worth everybody's time to explore. Don't ask the question, cain't expect an answer.

billdance09
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh yeah! "Americas most popular and longest running TV fishing show!" I grew up watching Bill Dance Outdoors religiously as a kid, think I still have a few seasons on VHS boxed up somewhere.

Well thank you all for your replies here! Good news is, I found someone close to me who has a crankshaft as well as a complete 172 C.I. motor. I'm thinking this is going to turn into an engine swap instead of rebuilding the 134... we shall see how it goes.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 2000 Spun Crankshaft Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-billdance09 wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:10:35 01/25/19) Oh yeah! "Americas most popular and longest running TV fishing show!" I grew up watching Bill Dance Outdoors religiously as a kid, think I still have a few seasons on VHS boxed up somewhere.

Well thank you all for your replies here! Good news is, I found someone close to me who has a crankshaft as well as a complete 172 C.I. motor. I'm thinking this is going to turn into an engine swap instead of rebuilding the 134... we shall see how it goes.

And now we have Charlie Moore my neighbor who is the "Mad Fisherman." Most of his shows appear to be bass fishing.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters