Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Rest-O-Ride Three-fer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue_tractor_man
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest-O-Ride Three-fer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The gentleman with Minn-Kota passed away
several years ago. I spoke to his widow on
the phone. He had a good business and his
widow was considering what to do with his
tools and inventory. He rebuilt a steering
wheel and two sets of torsion springs for
me. VASTLY SUPERIOR to that Chinese garbage
available now.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest-O-Ride Three-fer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"The gentleman with Minn-Kota passed away
several years ago. I spoke to his widow on
the phone. He had a good business and his
widow was considering what to do with his
tools and inventory. He rebuilt a steering
wheel and two sets of torsion springs for
me. VASTLY SUPERIOR to that Chinese garbage
available now."

That's what we've heard. So did you buy his tools and inventory?
Or find someone else willing to do the work to produce quality parts?

Lanexa Speedway
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest-O-Ride Three-fer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Long time no post. Been a few years since I have been on here regularly, I was really burned out after getting the restoration done on my 641 a few years back. That all said…

Great job on the seats. I have two in the garage right now to be restored. Both are really nice originals, but of course rubber is junk. Besides the aforementioned burn out a few years ago, the quality rubber availability is what really held me back.

I remember a buddy of mine that has a restoration shop suggested contacting Steele Rubber out of the Charlotte area. He has had them many times restore/re-create rubber overmolded motor mounts for a very obscure old cars in the past. Might be an option if somebody was interested in doing that. If they need the tools, it would be great if we could somehow contact the lady in Minnesota and see about purchasing those old tools. Does anybody actually have her contact info?

Thanks,
Kevin

Lanexa Speedway
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest-O-Ride Three-fer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Long time no post. Been a few years since I have been on here regularly, I was really burned out after getting the restoration done on my 641 a few years back. That all said…

Great job on the seats. I have two in the garage right now to be restored. Both are really nice originals, but of course rubber is junk. Besides the aforementioned burn out a few years ago, the quality rubber availability is what really held me back.

I remember a buddy of mine that has a restoration shop suggested contacting Steele Rubber out of the Charlotte area. He has had them many times restore/re-create rubber overmolded motor mounts for a very obscure old cars in the past. Might be an option if somebody was interested in doing that. If they need the tools, it would be great if we could somehow contact the lady in Minnesota and see about purchasing those old tools. Does anybody actually have her contact info?

Thanks,
Kevin

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters