Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

now right tharr izz somm goodde ole bois to lift mii weits,lift some beerz and maybe somm shine,i like them boizzz,nice for daa nue yer

20MuleTeam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dr Evil, I reckon these guys can hook now.

20MuleTeam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Why pull with something not good enough to keep on the farm?"

Been on the farm for 60+ yrs - think It'll stay here.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen local Farm Days events that require the tractors be put on the plow..WITH weighting AS will be used on the track..

It eliminates nearly all those with modifies (Cut) tires..( they can't get enough traction to pull the plow, or others Over-Heat or other issues..(too light in the rear for traction)..

It does tend to weed out the most radical altered "Pulling Tractors"..kind of makes everything a little more Honest..

Yes, we are talking generally older, smaller farm tractors and it makes for a REALLY Fun day...watching the action in the field, then on the track..

If you can remember, that was how Old-Time Horse Pulls were managed..If the team was not broke to Work, they were not Fit to Pull..

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dang, looks like the whole Town came out to help plow..!!

Gonna be a long day at the pulling track...!

Really, what a day that must have been..!

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, a Late Styled JD "B" has enough engine AND enough of a low 1st gear to have a shot at a full pull....and I have seen it happen and win..seldom, but possible...

20MuleTeam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, took 3 days to get to the heavy 12 mph boys.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-BushogPapa wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:33:45 01/03/19)
Well, a Late Styled JD "B" has enough engine AND enough of a low 1st gear to have a shot at a full pull....and I have seen it happen and win..seldom, but possible...

Papa, there is a puller in my area that has a B that wins with it regularly. He doesn't use a low first gear, in fact, I believe that he uses second. He also works his throttle just right to keep from getting the horn, and he has the power to keep his wheels turning at very low RPMs. You have to cover your ears as he goes by if you are near the track. Oh, and he pulls it in stock classes.

unclesilo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here is east tn email is open if you are interested as for the head don't ask me I am a 6 cylinder guy just got these unique pieces in a trade.

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not the whole town,the whole,no wait two or three counties,turned out. LOL Yrs. ago at the Iowa State Fair pull we pulled three sleds on three tracks and pictures were taken like that with three offset slightly -- side by side pulling.

20MuleTeam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, grandson got his plowing done & had to wait 2 days for his farm stock hook.

Lynerd
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neighbor Put in 4.915 inch GMC truck pistons. Cut lengthen IH H rods. Offset grind crank for 1/2 inch stroke. Get compression to 9.5:1. 228 CI. Around 40 HP. Let me know if you want more info. Lynn

TiredA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere B 1948 Mild Pulling Parts Wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a bare Heisler head for a late B I would part with. South central MN.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters