Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

4020 PTO thrust bearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grwrench
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: 4020 PTO thrust bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hello,, having trouble getting the correct bearing for PTO thrust, [engaging] bearing,, JD # AR 27447, it comes with one side shielded and the other side wide open to the ball bearings. years ago it came with a raised shield on one side to allow grease entry. where do you get the OLD ORIGINAL style bearing?

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 PTO thrust bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think they are all a modern sealed bearing now..

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 PTO thrust bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will second that they switched to the sealed bearing 10 years ago or so. I switched to regular sealed bearings 20 years ago. They last longer than the opened back ones. They rarely get greases and let in more dirt/clutch dust than any gain from lubrication.

grwrench
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 PTO thrust bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HELLO AGAIN,, i don't get on here but about once a week, soo i'm slow to respond, the bearing from DEERE is NOT A SEALED bearing,, completely open on one side, i ran into this a while ago, soo, i took the raised shield out of the old bearing and snaped it into the new one.. i tried that this time BUT the shield would'nt come out without tearing it up,, so i put the old bearing back in,, as it had been greased and was good. i think i ordered from A&I and got the original type,, once,, can't remember.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters