Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hey timploughNman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is one the had a fishplate steel on back so it lined up flush with the landside

I would also recommend welding a small piece of steel on the inside back to be uses as sort of a wedge heel which will also help keep it against the furrow wall. Here are a couple of photo of cub plows to give you an idea.

I'll look out back today to see if I can get better photos of the heel on my one bottom plow As far as share goes just weld on a piece.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HiYa Grandpa-
Yes, that is an early Ferguson-Sherman 14? 2-Bottom Plow as Scott said. The good news is PLOWORX is now repooping some parts; I think you can get points for this now. Also stated it may not be cost effective. These old plows are great to restore and use for period-correct showings with your early 9N. Plowing is not done much these days as farming techniques use the ?no-till? practice so if you are looking for a working plow, your best option is to find a 14? Dearborn Economy Plow as parts are still sold for those, and, they were a better plow design. With your plow, I can?t see if it has the rolling landside (tail, or furrow, wheel) but that is essential to plow with. Without it the plow will want to ride up out of the furrow and won?t track correctly. No, you don?t need coulters or jointers to plow with ?those were optional with a new plow anyway. You also need a good landside. BTW, it?s not a NOT landslide. That is a force of nature when the earth fails and crumbles or slides away ala a mudslide or avalanche. Many of these old Ferguson-Sherman and early Dearborn Prior Model Plows can be seen with welded moldboards and points. Option #2 is to locate an Amish community near you and seek out the blacksmith there. Often these folks will weld up your plow at a decent cost. If you have to have a working plow, like I said, best to find a 14? (10-156 typical) Dearborn Economy Plow. The wear parts are still available for these ?moldboards, shins, landsides, frogs, and shares. HTH.

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)
*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Tim , not planning on a restore at this point. Will just plow my garden with it. If it works good I may put it on the Ford 640 and go to a plow days around here. I figured it was fairly old and thought it was a nice piece to own. Do you have any pictures of what the points should look like? A friend of mine is a great welder and had offered to fix it up a bit. But it's hard to explain things to him, sort of a visual guy. Thanks

Maybe broke where tail wheel goes?

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures. Makes my welder friend happy! Lol. Hopefully we can get it to work for small garden plots.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is what the inside heel looks like on my leinback plow. uses the same as bottom as the ford.

You will also need to add another brace on the new loner landside

Gaspump
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No but I can get some, however I have not been unable to post any on the forums.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep you eyes open for a parts plow the tail wheel bolts on... I have brought several off of cracklist just for the parts some good some real bad...

I plowed a bunch with this plow worn shares no rear wheel it plowed OK for a beginner...

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Total length from tip to end about 36 inches?

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is what the share would look like if you have the same number on the back. I might still have a couple laying around. I will check the length of landside.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Measured the 16" one bottom landside from tip to end 31"

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! The point turns down a bunch!

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk does that one in your pictures have the " wrap around" nose? Like this ?

FLOLDFORD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tim I have these two Ferguson plows sitting behind my shop. Both are in really nice shape and both have new shares on them. the one with the smooth tailwheel I got from a well known Ford collector before he passed away last year. I know the one with the tag is a later one but what can you tell me about the other one. Lot of differences between the way the two of them were made. I might sell Grampa the later one if he wants to drive to Florida to get it!

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that the one you are fix'N up if so have the tip welded on and move on...

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey timploughNman Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is another shot of it

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters