Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

add power stearing to MF 135

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thoner7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im looking at buying a nice looking MF135. looks very well taken care of but, its a non-power steering model. I believe some or most of the 135s had power steering and I am wondering/hoping it could be added to this model fairly easily. Mainly because this one comes with a laoder.

And is $5500 a good price for a Diesel with loader that looks to have been professionally go through? New Brakes, clutches, tires etc? Whats there to look for on this model? All I know is its fairly legendary haha!

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Better find a 150 or 165, they have a better straight front axle for loader use. Trying to put power steering on the 135 won't be cheap either.

thoner7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hmmm well I am just looking at whatever comes up on Craigslist.

The 3 point lift was only going up, not sure why, neither was the owner. so that would have to be addressed. coulda just been a frozen valvue.

I dont think I'd be interested if you cant add power stearing though.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Figure it will cost at least $700 just for the power steering system, it also depends on if you can install it yourself, or not.

valley iron
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lift coming up could be in the type of valve they have used. we ran a 150 with fel for
years feeding silage. it had two levers beteween your legs. one was for loader and other
for 3 point. when lifting loader lever, lift arms always raised too. a diverter might help.

thoner7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ptfarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:56:29 02/08/19) Figure it will cost at least $700 just for the power steering system, it also depends on if you can install it yourself, or not.

Is it a straight forward conversion or do you have to custom fab up parts? I could do the former, likely not the latter.

With that and the lift issue it may not be worth my time. There are some Fords out there that look nice. The MF was too other than those two issues.

thoner7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This just popped up too. How many of these industrial tractors were made?

https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/grd/d/seneca-falls-1970-massey-ferguson-3165/6811251994.html

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 3165 is pretty much the same thing as the 165 agricultural tractor so parts are plenty. Has a good loader on it also, 3 point with looks like pto, not bad for $3900 as long as it doesn't have instant reverse, I'd give it a look.

thoner7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What kind of PTO is it? I'm looking for independent. Called the current owner and he didn't know lol. He didn't seem to know much about it at all.

For the size and price is would probably be my top choice. But it's a good drive for me and I'd rather get some important info before wasting my time.

Like will it have a good position control on the 3 pt? Do those loaders come on and off easy enough? Are the hydraulics controls via the engine or a separate pump? ( Ill need to put on a snow plow each winter) is there a diff lock?

Tractordata.com has very little info on this one for whatever reason

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: add power stearing to MF 135 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thoner7 wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:54:17 02/11/19)
What kind of PTO is it? I'm looking for independent. Called the current owner and he didn't know lol. He didn't seem to know much about it at all.

With live pto you have to depress the clutch, independent you don't have to use the clutch. More than likely it has live pto, but some did come with independent pto.

Like will it have a good position control on the 3 pt? Do those loaders come on and off easy enough? Are the hydraulics controls via the engine or a separate pump? ( Ill need to put on a snow plow each winter) is there a diff lock?

The 3 point will be same as all the other MF tractors. On these tractors the loader does not come off easy like you see on the new tractors sold these days (you can put a quick attach on the loader like a skid steer uses so you can swap the loader bucket to snow plow easy). This one will have front mounted hydraulic pump that runs off the front of the engine to run the loader, the pump will be in the 17gpm range. Since this tractor is a industrial, and came with a loader it "should" have a diff lock

Tractordata.com has very little info on this one for whatever reason

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters