Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

3020 wishbone update

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you remember I broke the front drawbar support
Around December I had a local guy weld so I
couldn?t go until the new one got here well the new
used one finally got here today . I?m half tempted to
keep running the welded one because it is strong
but I do worry about a two way plow and the power
harrow swinging around back there

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The reason the original broke is to be avoided. If it is working, and you can avoid the circumstances, run it. Jim

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your luck might run out on that welded one so I would change it ASAP.

ADB-Ia
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Six years ago I welded the main drive shaft on the bean head of my combine to get me through the night. I went and got the new shaft the next day. Four thousand acres later the new shaft is still in the corner of my shop.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's better have it and not need it...Than to need it and not have it....

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should be a script writer for a reality show featuring the life of SVcummins. The show could spend at least 20 minutes dramatizing the viewers with that problem.
Loren

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure what that means but he would not be the first to have a weld job fail him at the most inopportune time and have a lot more damage than the first go round. I've heard of guys having welds fail on those wishbones so it does happen. He can do as he sees fit.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd put the new one on and keep the welded one for a spare

DoubleO7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You mentioned in another thread about maybe reinforcing the repaired one or even the new one.
I would not do that as the next part up the line to break maybe
unrepairable, unobtainable or way more expensive.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I will probably run the welded one until spring then swap it out so I don?t have to worry about it breaking during the summer when I need it to be running without any delays .

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DoubleO7 As strong as this welded one is I don?t
think it needs anymore strength added

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Traditional That?s what I will do when spring hits and I don?t have to lay in a snow drift to swap them out

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tim That?s what I thought and I found a good used one for 175$ all states ag wants 750$ used

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ADB If this wasn?t such a pain to change right in the middle of summer I?d leave it on there . This welded one has proven its strength though

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 3020 wishbone update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Janicholson I was using an implement with to wide off pin spacing on the 3 point arms . I knew the tractor was trying to tell me something when it was so hard to get the scraper hooked on and I kinda thought about it a little but didn?t worry about it

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters