Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Bucket lift trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErnieD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Bucket lift trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am helping a fella get his new to him trailer manlift going. The hydraulic system is severely water contaminated. Can't really get the cylinders off to clean and purge. Oil is an emulsion blend and does not want to seperate. Drained reservoir once and refilled. Looks like a milk shake. I was considering heating the milky oil to boil the water out.

Harold Hubbard
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Bucket lift trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Obviously the man lift will be more complicated, but this is how I fixed the same problem with my big wood splitter. First, I drained the reservoir, then flushed it with diesel fuel. Then I put the plug back in and added five gallons of new oil. I took the filter off, put a bucket under the housing an ran the machine until clean oil came out. I put on a new filter, added another five gallons of oil, then unhooked the rod end hose from the splitter cylinder, and put it in a bucket. Operated the splitter cylinder to push the contaminated oil ou of it. Raised the log lift, blocked it up and disconnected the hose from the valve. Stuck the hose in a bucket and unblocked the lift, allowing the single acting lift cylinder to collapse and force the contaminated oil out of it. Reconnected the hose and topped up the oil.

The man lift probably has more cylinders, and some failsafe valving that may have to be allowed for, but I would think that uncoupling the return line line to the reservoir and running the pump briefly as you cycle each cylinder in turn shoul let you purge most of it. If it is an on demand electric pump should be no problem. An engine drive will require a lot of starting and quick shutdown to avoid wasting fluid, or running the system dry.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters