Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

case 650g crawler right track stops pulling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny.leeth@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 650g case dozer that the right track stops pulling after a few minutes of operation pulls o k when cold and the left track does good. have replaced steering clutches and put seals in control valve still with same problem. Need to know where to go from here. Thanks for any help. also is there a manual that explanes the operations of this machine

jean claude marleau
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do have a ORIGINAL service and parts and Operator manual for sale for your 650 G Crawler if interested. my e mail
address is jcmarleau@aol.com

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You definitely need the manual for troubleshooting and pressure testing the transmission,are you losing reverse as well or is it forward only?.
AJ

benny.leeth@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AJ. wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:01:11 02/28/19) You definitely need the manual for troubleshooting and pressure testing the transmission,are you losing reverse as well or is it forward only?.
AJ
Losing forward and reverse on right side, left
side does great never stops pulling until you apply the left brake pedal. Thanks for your reply

tomtinker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you have that clutch pack bench tested before installing it?

tomtinker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you replace those three metal rings on the end of the shaft?

benny.leeth@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-tomtinker wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:28:06 02/28/19) Did you have that clutch pack bench tested before installing it?
Do not see any way to bench test the clutch pack had to install the clutches in machine one at the time

benny.leeth@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

are you talking about the bevel washers on the pins or the big bevel springs in the front cover

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's hard to advise on this type of problem when something is working one minute and not the next,if it did not pull at all on the right one would be checking the final drive did not let go,this sounds more like a pressure loss issue,but it is the same pump for both sides so why is the pressure gone from one side and not the other,with the test equipment needed I think you should have a service engineer from your Case dealer diagnose the problem for you,no good putting on parts that are not needed,my 2C worth.
AJ

marloweg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dose this machine have two brake peddles with two master cyl.like the 455s if so clean the brake master cyl. vent on the cap if they plug and can't vent it will build pressure and release the steering brake. rubber diaphragm in the cap that MUST be vented if by chance you change the brake master cylinder with a after market they are not vented but if it is still oem might be pluged

tomtinker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Case dealer bench tested mine for a 450 once.

tomtinker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That cover can wear out on the inside as well as the metal seal rings themselves.

benny.leeth@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: case 650g crawler right track stops pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thank you for your reply and believe you are right seems to be pressure lose. I have a Case dealer nearby and I am waiting for them to get back with me on a date they can send service tech out to help me diagnose the problem.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters