Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

mccormick deering mill I.d.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
auto tech 53
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just pick a belt driven mill and i need help to I .D . it any help would good thanks Doug

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It"s a burr mill, as opposed to a hammer mill. Grew up grinding feed with one, have one now for display. Don"t have a clue on a model number. The cranks on the front are used to adjust the fineness of the grind...closes the space between the burrs to make it grind finer.

Half
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Burr mill, I have about 7, different sizes, a couple Stover's, a Rumley , Letz, sold by J.D. with the Deere name, and smaller ones that I don't know what brand.

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, On the opposite end of the pulley is where burs are located, on the outside cast iron cover
of the burs there is a number is 8 or 10 and after the number is the word inch......So is it 8 or
10? When I have that number I can tell you what model you have. Does the unit turn freely? Can I
ask what you paid for it?

auto tech 53
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it is a 10 inch,the two rotating round knives are not moving

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the pulley turn?

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It a is McCormick Deering 10 Inch type D Feed Grinder/ Bur Mill, it grinds corn in the husk, corn on
the cob and small grains. The 2 large round knives are called corn cutting knives to break up the
cobs before they enter the burs.

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you look close at the piece of wood on the top edge of the hopper you maybe able to read: Type D ...There is also a cover that goes over the gears behind the pulley.....

auto tech 53
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the pully starts to turn then stops when the rotating knives dont turn

auto tech 53
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

are there any manuals for this mill?

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: mccormick deering mill I.d. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Give me a call at 320-468-6474.....Kevin....you can call me in the evening also.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters