Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

180 with snow blower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gary in canada
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will a 180 work good with a snowblower. Im not familiar with AC at all . Ive done some reading and apparently theres 2 shifters on these tractors.im just not sure if a snow blower will be a pita on a 180. I haven't and looked at the tractor yet just looking for some input

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Gary in Canada wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:13:46 03/07/19) Will a 180 work good with a snowblower. Im not familiar with AC at all . Ive done some reading and apparently theres 2 shifters on these tractors.im just not sure if a snow blower will be a pita on a 180. I haven't and looked at the tractor yet just looking for some input

Gary, I run a 180 gas with a 7 foot Schweiss dual auger snow blower. I have 18.4X30 rears and 10.00x16 fronts. I get along pretty well with it. With a little practice you can hand feather the hydraulic two speed power director wet clutch and slip it when you need to go slower in deeper snow or drifts as like many tractors reverse isn't as slow as you'd like for this kind of work. In under a foot or of fluffy snow there is enough power to run in reverse low without feathering the power director. Deeper or wetter snow or in drifts it's too fast and you don't have enough power without feathering the PD clutch. You only use the foot clutch (dry) to change gears, you can't slip it constantly without burning it out like you can the power director.

I just got chains for this winter they were a big were a huge help. I also welded on extra skids (four total) using some 3" channel and old plow shares that were much bigger than the two factory small skids in the middle and that helped. But I also lift the blower up a tiny fraction from it fully setting on the skids to transfer more weight to the back of the tractor for better traction. Turning around and backing up is a pain but that will be true for many tractors. I also have a 3 bow buggy top on mine and that helps a great deal with keeping snow from blowing back on you. HTH. Mike

Pics from 2011 long before I bought tire chains:

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only thing that sucks is you gotta always go backwards !

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This outfit is much easier on the neck..

gary in canada
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it does a good job with the
blower. Ive had my 7 ft Lucknow on an
Oliver super77 for 10 years its always
been a bit under powered. This year we've
had a hard winter with at least 4 ft on
the ground and I want a little more power
btw I'm up in north eastern Ontario near
Timmins.

16-30 oilpull
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dieseltech, that's a good looking 7040 . Rick

4wdtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A couple of years ago the Old Allis News had a D 15 (I think) with a front mounted snowblower that looked good.

Allis Dave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: 180 with snow blower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always found that a snowblower tractor without a cab makes a snowman out of 'ya, but if that's all you have, then you deal with it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters